[solved] commands 'sticking'.

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

GrowMate

[solved] commands 'sticking'.

Post by GrowMate » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:55 pm

QCAD Professional Version: 3.27.6.0 (3.27.6) Huawei Matebook Pro 2020: Windows 20 v21H2.
For some time I have experienced difficulty getting QCAD to 'let go' of previous commands. I typically exit a command using Esc or double-clicking on Q, but sometimes have to do this several times. I don't think this is a keyboard issue since it has not shown up with any of the other software I use. Any suggestions as to what the cause might be ?!

andrew
Site Admin

Re: commands 'sticking'.

Post by andrew » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:33 pm

A right-click or Escape takes you back to the previous state of the current tool.

For example, if you right-click after setting the end point of a line, you can set a new start point at a different location instead of continuing a string of lines.

Depending on the tool, there are several steps to go through. A right-click or Escape always takes you to the previous step and only terminates the tool if there are no more steps left. You can always see in the status bar what a left click and a right click currently does.

The key code "QQ" (or clicking the arrow button at the top left) terminates the current tool immediately.

GrowMate

Re: commands 'sticking'.

Post by GrowMate » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:45 pm

Thanks Andrew. That clarifies things.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”