[solved] Draw coordinate by command line not working

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

emanuel
Registered Member

[solved] Draw coordinate by command line not working

Post by emanuel » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:46 pm

Hello,

QCAD spec:
  • version: 3.26.4
  • platfom: macos 11.6BigSur NOT M1 chip
I'd like to draw triangle as described in manual 65 english version. When I am drawing by manual way I mean clicking to tools and write coordinates to boxes then click to green tick... Everythng works withou problem. When I want to replicate this proces by command line I am not able to draw that triangle.

How to reproduce my problem.
1) click to command line box to activate the writing commands
2) write "li" hit enter, you should activate line tools by command line
3) write "sx" hit enter you should activate tool to insert coordinates
4) command line ask me for first point, I put coordinates to command line "200,100" (format was check in settings and format should be right) hit enter
Now begin the problem
5) when I hit enter it draw the point but not the point which I've specified in command line but the point which was setup in options boxes (boxes above the draw next to green tick) sometimes ago. Strange is that command seems that received the point from CL because predefined text has changed from "First point" to "Next point"

Am I doing something wrong or it is a bug ?

Thanks for help.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Draw coordinate by command line not working

Post by andrew » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:56 pm

The idea in the manual is to enter the coordinates in the options toolbar, that's the toolbar at the top, not in the command line which is at the bottom.

You can either work with the options toolbar (i.e. follow the e-book) or use the command line but not both at the same time as this leads to ambiguous values for QCAD to deal with.

With the command line the procedure is the same as in the manual but without entering "sx" (no special snap is required). Simply enter the coordinates in the command line when QCAD prompts for a position and hit Enter.

For help with the command line, please refer to the reference manual at:
https://qcad.org/doc/qcad/latest/refere ... ommandLine

emanuel
Registered Member

Re: Draw coordinate by command line not working

Post by emanuel » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:14 pm

Ah, Ok I am understanding my confusing. There is no logic to entre to special snap mode when I can the special mode make by syntax in command line.

My stupidity, thank you for solving.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”