[solved] Help button/hover text

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Garball

[solved] Help button/hover text

Post by Garball » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:12 pm

Hello. I'm in the process of evaluating the QCAD/CAM package on a brand new iMac M1 chip. There appears to be a QT problem with regard to the help box/hover box that displays when you hover over an icon for it's description (sorry, don't know the exact definition). The help box is blank. I've loaded up QCAD on another Mac (non M1 laptop) and there's no problem. Something about this package isn't working. Any help is appreciated. I'm hopping to buy the package and try it out on my new Langmuir Pro CNC plasma. I'm a complete newbie to CAD/CAM but have spent the past few months studying.

Thanks, Gary.

QCAD/CAM 3.26.4
MacOS 11.4 Big Sur on M1
Last edited by Garball on Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

CVH
Premier Member

Re: Help button/hover text

Post by CVH » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:30 pm

Garball wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:12 pm
There appears to be a QT problem with regard to the help box/hover box that displays when you hover over an icon for it's description (sorry, don't know the exact definition).The help box is blank.
You probably mean the toolTip box ...

I only know of the (unsused) whatsThis box used to be blank in the dark theme. :oops:
Could be a palette, a font or a theme issue ... :|

Regards,
CVH

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:29 pm

Garball wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:12 pm
QCAD/CAM 3.16.4
MacOS 11.4 Big Sur on M1
Presumably, that's QCAD/CAM 3.26.4? Otherwise, please update first.
Which exact package did you download (file name)?

Please also reset your configuration in case there are any residues / themes from older versions:
https://qcad.org/en/tutorial-resetting- ... figuration

Garball

Post by Garball » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:08 am

Appologies, typo. Yes that is 3.26.4, I'll update the OP. This is a new computer, nothing on it prior to ver 3.26.4. File downloaded was from the website download page for QCAD/CAM for OSx M1. The file name was: qcad-3.26.4-trial-macos-11.0-11.2-arm64.dmg. I've come across someone else with the same issue and no resolution. Can't find the posting however, it's been a while. I'll reset the configuration as per your link asap.

Garball

Post by Garball » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:23 am

Awsome! Deleting the configuration file fixed the issue! Thank you for the quick reply/support. I'll be asking lots of dumb questions until I get on my feet. I'm moving forward with the package. Thank you Andrew.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”