QCAD pro unusable

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

daitan
Registered Member

QCAD pro unusable

Post by daitan » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:43 pm

Hello everyone, newbie with a tendency to alter settings I shouldn't have, which has left me in the position of being unable to use Qcad pro version 3.24.4 on a windows 10 64 bit machine running an i7 chip with 1tb ssd and 24mb of ram. Former Autocad version 12 user [2d only] long retired. For many years I have been interested in geometric patterns and during the many lock down periods here in the UK I drew a few using a compass ruler and set square. Then had the bright idea of using a cad programme to design and modify such designs as I saw fit, looking around for a suitable programme I happened upon QCAD which would not only be ideal but also affordable. Working my way through the excellent little book which I also downloaded I got to the snap section everything was fine until I got to the snap restrictions at which point I realised that the tools indicated were not visible I searched and searched both the book and the interface but could not see a way to make them visible I knew that I could access them through the command line and the snap menu but I wanted to see them down the side as indicated. Then i had the bright idea can I change the display settings in preferences as I could in Autocad and many other windows programmes. So edit - preferences - general - user interface unchecked the auto screen scale factor checked the enable high DPI scaling then changed the scale factor to 0.75 instead of 1 reasoning that it would scale the tools down by 0-25!!. Also I thought safe in the knowledge that at the worst a re-boot of the machine or an uninstall and re-install will put everything back to normal I will try to attach a screen shot of the worksheet as is [ctrl-printscreen then attach?] the re-install just left me with the same problem, by the way sorry to be so long winded but I felt that you needed to know the thought process hope this printscreen works.Image please let me know how to fwd a screen shot if this doesn't work

andrew
Site Admin

Re: QCAD pro unusable

Post by andrew » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:45 pm

You can reset QCAD at any time:
https://qcad.org/en/tutorial-resetting- ... figuration

No need to re-install or reboot.

daitan
Registered Member

Re: QCAD pro unusable

Post by daitan » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:57 pm

thank you Andrew all up and running again now