Printing .dwg files

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

RclaxtonC
Registered Member

Printing .dwg files

Post by RclaxtonC » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:38 pm

I am a new starter on QCAD, but have used other systems before. I have Ver 3.26.4.0, Rev 0bb4334. My system is Windows 10 Home, Ver 21H1 and the system is 64 bit.

I have produced a fully dimensioned file for a job I need making. When i try to print the file all the dimension data is missing and only the structural layout is present. I have managed to get a print out by using a screen grab software, to produce a PDF file, so I can proceed to construction, but is there an inherent fault in the software if there is a significant amount of dimension data present.
Secondly I cannot get transfer to PDF to seem to work.

Does anybody have any ideas of a solution/cause of this?
Attachments
Box Interrnals 2D CAD Drilling Dimensions.dwg
(21.36 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
Box Interrnals 2D CAD Cutting Dimensions.dwg
(20.51 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
Box Interrnals 2D CAD Master.dwg
(19.82 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
Drilling Layout.pdf
(314.63 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
Cutting Layout.pdf
(309.47 KiB) Downloaded 233 times

CVH
Premier Member

Re: Printing .dwg files

Post by CVH » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:14 pm

Hi,
Defpoints is an auto-generated layer when you do Print Preview, Printout ... :wink:
One should not use that for placing entities on.

If I select all your dims and move then to a new layer, move drawing entities to layer 0, all seems fine. :P

Dims on a white layer may appear hidden on a white paper unless you enable 'Prevent white on white / black on black'
You can find that in the Application Preferences under Graphics View .. Appearance

Regards.
CVH

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”