Problem hatching radiussed elements.

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

GrowMate

Problem hatching radiussed elements.

Post by GrowMate » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:32 pm

I find that when filling shapes with solid colour that have radiussed sections, I can sometimes select a complete arc with a single click but on other occasions I can't. If I zoom in, I find that the arc has fragmented into segments so tiny that it's impractical to click on all of them and indeed the boundary indicator colour quickly 'dries up'. Is this a procedural error on my part, or is it a programming issue that has yet to be overcome?!

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Problem hatching radiussed elements.

Post by Husky » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:51 am

GrowMate wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:32 pm
... or is it a programming issue that has yet to be overcome?!
No, there are different ways to built a shape. Tiny lines to built an arc etc is one of them.

Probably it is easy to convert it to a polyline but to help you effective I need to know the QCAD Version. An example drawing as dxf/dwg attached to this topic would help too ... :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

CVH
Premier Member

Re: Problem hatching radiussed elements.

Post by CVH » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:39 am

Hi,
I know of solid Hatches their Arc boundary segments are interpolated with Line segments.
In fact, that counts for patterned hatches too.
As example, one can see that up close in a pdf with a solid hatched area at an Arc boundary segment (Without the boundary itself).
InterpolatedPdfArc.png
InterpolatedPdfArc.png (3.45 KiB) Viewed 3250 times

I suspect it is less of a computational effort to find trimming points between a boundary Line segment and a pattern Line segment.
Then again, I don't or I can't detect them at spline boundary segments.

I never had an Arc that was itself interpolated somehow.
I never had an interpolated Arc hatch boundary from an explosion of a 'curved' hatch entity itself.
For one, sticking to QCAD that is. It stores boundaries exactly as the shapes they are made of.
And second, I always keep a copy of my original boundaries and therefor I don't have to rely on such an explosion.

So, yes please, document how you achieved such interpolated Arc segments.

If the contour is simplex then you can start hatching with a contour selected or with a polyline of such a contour.
Double click near one of the segment of the contour or use (De-) Select Contour (TC).

Regards,
CVH

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”