[solved] Raster Images

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

GrowMate

[solved] Raster Images

Post by GrowMate » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:00 pm

I am using Qcad in Windows 10 on a new, high spec laptop with a high res 4K screen. Qcad Version 3.25.2.0 (3.25.2).

All well, except that when I attempt to print out a drawing that contains a raster image it shows up in the pre-print screen but then fails to show up in the pdf.

Since I regularly produce 'visuals' for clients in which I superimpose a drawing over a photograph the ability to reproduce raster images is important. I have checked that the raster image is on a layer that is switched on, but I have not as yet checked to see if Qcad 'prefers' png, tiff or other formats rather than jpgs.

As a suggestion, I would like to add that it is often useful to be able to 'fade' a raster image in order to give a superimposed drawing greater prominence over the image underneath. This is especially useful when I am drawing components (for instance) for an architect and want to show where they are located, while minimising the clutter that a 'full strength' background image creates.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Raster Images

Post by andrew » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:20 pm

Thanks for your report. You might want to check with the trial version if the problem persists in the lastest version (3.26.4).

If you cannot solve the problem, please attach or e-mail your drawing file, image and the PDF export.
GrowMate wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:00 pm
As a suggestion, I would like to add that it is often useful to be able to 'fade' a raster image in order to give a superimposed drawing greater prominence over the image underneath. This is especially useful when I am drawing components (for instance) for an architect and want to show where they are located, while minimising the clutter that a 'full strength' background image creates.
You can fade images using the "Fade" property:
- Select the bitmap
- View > Property Editor
- Change "Fade" to 50 for a 50% fade (0: opaque, 100: transparent)

GrowMate

Re: Raster Images

Post by GrowMate » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:48 pm

Andrew - thanks for that.

Problem solved!

Trawling through some earlier files I discovered that I needed to transfer the raster image to the 'white' layer which I did and it promptly showed up. Also many thanks for the pointing me at the 'Fade' feature which I will find extremely useful.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”