[solved] Linetype Scaling Issues

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

RMK-Designs

[solved] Linetype Scaling Issues

Post by RMK-Designs » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:28 pm

I am having an issue with linetype scaling. On a plot plan I am working on I created linetype definitions for utility lines such as water, underground electric, underground telco, and electric service. When I use these lines (or any other line other than continuous) I need to scale them up using the linetype scale so they display properly in the drawing. They look fine until I select them again. At that point they go back to solid lines. The only way to get the proper line back is toggle on and off draft mode. If I leave draft mode on the lines look solid. With screen-based line types on the lines look dashed.

I am currently using 3.26.1 for this drawing. If open the file in 3.25.2 the linetypes look good and do not change when selected. I am not sure why this is happening, maybe a setting somewhere?

I also have a question on linetype definitions. When I created the linetype definitions I used the Hot Water linetype in Qcad to create my linetypes. I just copied into another file and changed the text in the definitions to what I needed such as “UG”. Can I scale the line/text in the definition to make them look right without having to change them in the property editor?
Attached is the drawing with the lines and the definition file I created.
Thanks for your help.
Qcad 3.26.1
Windows 10 64bit.
Attachments
utility_linetype.lin
(785 Bytes) Downloaded 370 times
Linetype Scale Issue.dwg
(19.99 KiB) Downloaded 416 times

RMK-Designs

Re: Linetype Scaling Issues

Post by RMK-Designs » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:43 pm

I tested some more this morning and it appears to be an issue with 3.26.1 as 3.25.2 works properly. I filed a bug report FS#2221.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:07 am

Thanks for your report.

As a possible workaround, please set the property "Polyline Pattern" of those polylines to "false" using the property editor.

RMK-Designs

Post by RMK-Designs » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:07 pm

Thanks Andrew, your suggested workaround does the trick. I appreciate all the work you do to produce such a great piece of software.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”