Font rendering - letters with hooks

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

cqman

Font rendering - letters with hooks

Post by cqman » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:50 pm

I'm having trouble displaying accented characters.
For example, I write "č" (U + 010D LATIN SMALL LETTER C WITH CARON, dec 269) or "ň" (U + 0148 LATIN SMALL LETTER N WITH CARON, dec 328) or "Ž" (U + 017D LATIN CAPITAL LETTER Z WITH CARON, dec 381), everything is fine - I see the text correctly, including exporting to PDF.
After saving the drawing (regardless of whether DWG or DXF) and reopening the drawing, "č" is displayed as "è", "ň" is displayed as "ò" and "Ž" is not displayed at all.
But the letters "á" (U + 00E1 LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH ACUTE, dec 225) or "Ú" (U + 00DA LATIN CAPITAL LETTER U WITH ACUTE, dec 218) appear fine.
The string "ěščřžťďň - ů - ýáíéúó" is displayed as "ìšèøž ïò - ù - ýáíéúó"
Applies to all fonts (Osifont, Arial, Tahoma ...) - it seems that only letters with hooks and u with a circle are affected - the commas above the letters survive. What is the problem and how to solve the matter?
---
QCAD version 3.26.1.0; Windows 10 ver. 20H2

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Font rendering - letters with hooks

Post by andrew » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:02 pm

This is a known bug in the OpenDesign libraries version 4:
https://www.qcad.org/bugtracker/index.p ... sk_id=2198

OpenDesign 20.x fixes this problem but has other problems with saving splines. For the time being I would advise to downgrade to QCAD 3.25.2 which uses OpenDesign 20.x.

cqman

Post by cqman » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:45 pm

Thank you for your quick response, Andrew.
Can you please note in new versions that the "International characters change when saving and reloading the file" issue related to the OpenDesign bug in the OpenDesign libraries has been resolved?
Otherwise QCAD is a great program.

jaceksz73
Newbie Member

Post by jaceksz73 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:50 pm

I would like to add a little problem with font selection. The first time, the selected font is not fixed. Re-selecting the same font solves the problem.

btjacker
Newbie Member

Post by btjacker » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:39 am

Hello,
I have been using 3.22.0.5 version (x64, Windows 8 ) for a couple of months without issue. Now we bought 5 another licenses for my colleges, installed 3.26.3. and a issue with Czech characters appeared and the behavior is strange:
When I downloaded 3.26.3, I only reinstalled it, keeping the configuration file (AppData/Roaming/QCAD) and Czech characters displayed without errors. Then I tried to run an app I wrote which uses QCAD command line tools (dxf to svg) and created svg files contained errors. I uninstalled QCAD, removed AppData/Roaming/QCAD folder and installed the 3.26.3 again. Now Czech characters are desplayed wrong in QCAD interface, as well as in created svg files.

EDIT: This part was wrong. Editing and saving the file does not solve the issue. I have just noticed that there is another topis with the same issue. I am going to watch it.
When I create a new drawing with Czech characters "ěř" and save it, after reopening it displays fine. But I have dozens of files with hundreds of texts created in 3.22.0.5 and can not edit all those files. I include screen from both version and also simple dxf file.
Attachments
vne_cilene_prazdne.dxf
(115 KiB) Downloaded 324 times
26.png
opened in 3.22.0.5
26.png (5.41 KiB) Viewed 5390 times
22.png
opened in 3.26.3
22.png (6.06 KiB) Viewed 5390 times

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:19 am

This should be fixed in QCAD 3.26.4 which is now available from your download link.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”