[solved] simulator display problem

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Fredwilk
Newbie Member

[solved] simulator display problem

Post by Fredwilk » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:07 am

I am running qcadcam-3.25.2-pro-linux-x86_64 having recently upgraded from qcadcam-3.24.2-pro-linux-x86_64.
In the CAM option I can open the cam simulation speed and progress window but cannot open the 3d display window.
on the menu I only have option for tool list, toolpath list and simulation panel. Missing is the G3 window.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Fred Wilkinson

andrew
Site Admin

Re: simulator display problem

Post by andrew » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:14 am

Can you try moving "plugins/xcbglintegrations" to "xcbglintegrations", i.e. moving it one level down in the directory hierarchy.

Also please check if the plugin "plugins/libqcadgles3d.so" is available and can be loaded (see Help > About > Plugins).

Fredwilk
Newbie Member

Post by Fredwilk » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:37 pm

I tried moving moving "plugins/xcbglintegrations" to "xcbglintegrations up one folder. Restarted Qcad but no menu item change.
plugins/libqcadgles3d.so is missing from plugins, I did try using version 24 file but as I understand it this needs to be complied with the latest version. So did not sort the problem.

Thanks for your help, still stuck with the problem.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:40 pm

Fredwilk wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:37 pm
plugins/libqcadgles3d.so is missing from plugins
Please re-install from the installer package in this case.

Fredwilk
Newbie Member

Post by Fredwilk » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:41 pm

will try that, not sure if it will run as I am now a few days over my 1 year support.

Will let you know if it works.

Regards

Fredwilk
Newbie Member

Post by Fredwilk » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:00 pm

SUCCESS> PROBLEM SOLVED. THANKS

Thanks very much. Did run install again, started QCAD and all is well.

Just as a bit of background I have migrated to QCAD/CAM from a corporate world of working in AutoCAD. Took a bit of getting used to the changes in operation but getting comfortable with the program now after just over a year of use.

Usage is in general electrical / mechanical work in my home workshop plus the great benefit now is I can produce CAD drawings of model aircraft and cut them on my own desktop CNC machine without having to use a third program to generate Gcode.

I have done a bit of tinkering with the CAM Gcode processor to tweek for my machine which is a Stepcraft.

Regards Fred

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”