Running against a wall

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

OttoZ

Running against a wall

Post by OttoZ » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:40 pm

@Husky… do you advise with your elbows?
A few days ago I bought the QCad license again.
I found a site on the Internet to install it.
Thanks to this help, I was able to install 3.25 without any problems.
With the older as well as with the newer one, I could not change and fix the units of measurement according to my wishes. I'ḿ using LinuxMint20.1mate.
So I asked for help in the German forum.
Now I was reprimanded by Huskey, I had taken the installation on the wrong side for help, so I now can't longer go to the help section of his forum. He said an age-old version was slipped on me, the 16-year-old software was unsuitable.

I politely replied that 3.25 was installed, but because of his reservations I would reinstall it by using his link.
I can't find this entire topic anymore, it was probably deleted by an angry person. I didn't get a message. The link for the correct installation is no longer available to me.
To this day no one told me what kind of work of the devil I should have installed in there. Are there competing publishers?
A really down-to-earth way of dealing with customers.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Running against a wall

Post by andrew » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:55 pm

Your topic was moved to the appropriate forum for the free QCAD Community Edition, as your screenshot of the about dialog indicates that you are indeed running that edition of QCAD (and not QCAD Professional):

viewtopic.php?f=92&t=8155

Your screenshot indicates that you are running an unofficial snapshot-release that is neither compiled nor supported by us. Perhaps something that came with your Linux installation or was otherwise installed using third party packages.

If you have bought a QCAD Professional license from us, you would have received a download link from where you would be able to download the QCAD Professional package for your platform.

Please refer also to:
Accessing Downloads / Updates

And:
QCAD Installation under Linux

OttoZ

Post by OttoZ » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:17 pm

@Andrew ... many thanks that you speak to me as like a human. I'll follow your :idea: tipps the next days.
Last edited by OttoZ on Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:27 pm

OttoZ wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:40 pm
@Husky… do you advise with your elbows?
OttoZ wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:17 pm
@Ansrew ... many thanks that you speak to me as like a human. I'll follow your :idea: tipps the next days.
Interesting as the uncovering of facts which probably led to the problem can lead to someone believing that they are being treated inhumanely. So that this does not happen again, I will discontinue my support for this problem. Let's book it below: The chemistry between us isn't right ... :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”