Prolems converting segments to polyline

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

cider101
Newbie Member

Prolems converting segments to polyline

Post by cider101 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:32 pm

Hi all
i have a problem, converting segements into a polyline. If i select all segments, enter "OC" on the command line to convert the segments into a polyline, some of the segements get deleted - see the attached file which contains the segemented drawing. The sections will also disapear while manualy selecting the section and extending the polyline.

Is this a bug or is something wrong with my dxf ? If it is an error in my part, i would have expected some regularity since only a 5th of the part has been constructed (the section from 10 to 2 o'clock) while the other 4/5 have been created by copy-rotating.

QCAD 3.25.2.0 (3.25.2)
Win10
Attachments
disc220mm.dxf
(146.84 KiB) Downloaded 327 times

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Prolems converting segments to polyline

Post by andrew » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:37 pm

There are many duplicate and some partially overlapping entities.

You can use Modify > Detection > Detect Duplicates to take care of most of them.

After removing those duplicates, there are still some partially overlapping arcs. You can find those by converting the segments to polylines, observer where gaps occur, using Edit > Undo and fix those areas.

Panchdara
Premier Member

Re: Prolems converting segments to polyline

Post by Panchdara » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:26 pm

Hi Cider. Andrew correct. There are a number of duplicates - delete them.

There are about 6 arcs that need deleting. Way to find them, select all, hatch. The command history will show errors in red. Go to those reference points and zoom in and poke at those ares, specifically using right-> left drag to highlight those arcs. Once you find the first then the rest are duck-soup.

Nice brake disk BTW. Which bike?
Windows 10

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”