[solved] Problem with Layer States (Linux)

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

GrowMate

[solved] Problem with Layer States (Linux)

Post by GrowMate » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:51 pm

This appears to be a bug but I can't be sure because it appeared to work earlier. When I open Layer States in my Windows 10 laptop it works perfectly and is an extremely worthwhile feature (I need to show highlights in several of my drawings).
However in my Linux Mint cinnamon (v20) laptop, any attempt to give a Layer State a title causes QCAD to freeze and exit leaving a back-up file that does the same. I have tried deleting the QCAD Configuration file and have uninstalled and reinstalled the program but to no avail. Supplying a sample of my drawing is unlikely to help since this happens even when I open a blank screen!

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Problem with Layer States (Linux)

Post by andrew » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:07 pm

Please let us know what version of QCAD and which Linux package you are using (or the file name of the downloaded file).

You might also want to download and install the latest snapshot release (3.25.2.9) to check if the problem persists.

GrowMate

Re: Problem with Layer States (Linux)

Post by GrowMate » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:21 pm

Thanks! I will try the snapshot release.

In the meantime, the version of Qcad I am using is 3.25.2.0 (3.25.2) and I am using it on Linux Mint 20.1 Cinnamon, (64) Cinnamon Version 4.8.6

GrowMate

SOLVED Problem with Layer States (Linux)

Post by GrowMate » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:19 pm

I have just loaded the snapshot version and tested it pretty thoroughly. All now appears to be well!
Many thanks.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: [solved] Problem with Layer States (Linux)

Post by andrew » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:30 pm

OK, thanks for the feedback.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”