[Solved] SubLayers not hiding

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Panchdara
Premier Member

[Solved] SubLayers not hiding

Post by Panchdara » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:21 am

Just a quickie.

Using snap 3.25.2.7 (thanks by the way) Win 10

Sub layers are not hidden when the parent layer is hidden. (Incorrect behaviour? Bug report?)

However sub layers are locked when parent layer is locked (Correct behaviour)

Best

(Solved: PEBCAK misunderstanding)
Last edited by Panchdara on Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10

andrew
Site Admin

Re: SubLayer not hiding

Post by andrew » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:53 am

Depends on your preferences under Edit > Application Preferences > Widgets > Layer List:
- if you are showing the frozen column (i.e. both the visibility column and the frozen column) in the layer list, you can use visibility to control the visibility of each layer individually without affecting sublayers and frozen to hide / show layers and sublayers
- if you are only showing the visibility column (i.e. frozen column is off), the visibility column controls both visibility and frozen, affecting sublayers.

This is one of the differences between hiding and freezing layers. The other one affects layers in blocks.

Panchdara
Premier Member

Re: SubLayers not hiding

Post by Panchdara » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:59 am

Ah.... excellent. I did venture into the preferences, got 95% to that point then stopped. I see, I see now.

Thank you so much.
Windows 10

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”