[Solved] Dimension label not visible Pro 3.25.2

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

a2jrc
Newbie Member

[Solved] Dimension label not visible Pro 3.25.2

Post by a2jrc » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:34 am

Well ... Reading further in the 'book', I find I have not 'set up' dimensions in Drawing Prefs. Did that, mainly set the label font and text size, and everything worked. SORRY for taking peoples' time on this post.
jrc

Well, another problem. Using linux 4.4, QCAD pro 3.25.2, working 'Tutorial' in book, chap 7 'Snaps'.
After drawing figure, thought I would try a simple 'Dimension', which is a major part of drawings. Does not work. Dimension has no label or text at all, nor any arrows. Happens with horizontal or vertical dims. Note the figure shows clearly a group of lines sort-of like a 'dimension', but nothing more. Also, property editor claims this is a 'Rotated Dimension', while I carefully chose a 'horizontal' dimension (checked twice). 'Vertical' dims also show as 'Rotated Dimension' on property editor. This is really strange.
I have fooled around with Drawing Prefs and App Prefs but cannot make any labels visible, or arrows.
Screenshot "Invisible Dimension.jpg", and drawing file "snapsEx3.dxf" attached.
Thanks for comments - jrc
Attachments
snapsEx3.dxf
Drawing file
(106.48 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
Invisible Dimension.jpg
Horizontal 'Dimension' at top
Invisible Dimension.jpg (179.62 KiB) Viewed 2564 times
Last edited by a2jrc on Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: [Solved-duh] Dimension label not visible Pro 3.25.2

Post by Husky » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:20 am

a2jrc wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:34 am
Well, DUH. Reading further in the 'book', I find I have not 'set up' dimensions in Drawing Prefs. Did that, mainly set the label font and text size, and everything worked. SORRY for taking peoples' time on this post.
Glad to hear that. :wink:

Just a note:
Settings in "Drawing Preferences" effects only the current drawing.
Settings in "Application Preferences" will use the settings for every NEW drawing.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”