Loading layer lineweights from autocad created file

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Peter77
Newbie Member

Loading layer lineweights from autocad created file

Post by Peter77 » Thu May 14, 2020 10:07 am

Hello,

Opening a autocad2010 version drawing with several layers, all the layer lineweights are set to default in Qcad. So I have to manually change that every time opening a new drawing from a autocad created. Evenso if I saved the file with changed lineweights in the layers, and someone else open the file with autocad again the lineweights are also lost and not printed.
The question is how can qcad remain (take over) the lineweights from an autocad created file...? And how can I save my file correctly so that my qcad file contains the right lineweights for autocad for my colleques who unfortunately not understand the force of Qcad ;) Regards Peter

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Loading layer lineweights from autocad created file

Post by Husky » Thu May 14, 2020 7:15 pm

Hi,

do you "Open" or "Import" the AC drawing?

Please attach an example AC drawing which has definitive different line weights for the layer. Thanks.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”