MTEXT import unformatted by QCAD Issue

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

javiersegurar
Registered Member

MTEXT import unformatted by QCAD Issue

Post by javiersegurar » Wed May 13, 2020 5:46 pm

Hello!

I would like to ask for help with an issue, it happens when I tried to import DWGs of details made previously with AutoCAD and DraftSight, and it is that when I load a block or DWG file with MTEXT paragraphs inside, the MTEXT paragraphs are NOT correctly imported/read by QCAD, and instead of the correct formatted multiline paragraph, the paragraphs are imported as on only long line of text, with something that see like text control characters inserted.
QCAD_MTEXT_Unformatted_Import_Issue_SCREENSHOT.jpg
QCAD_MTEXT_Unformatted_Import_Issue_SCREENSHOT.jpg (400.43 KiB) Viewed 1753 times
The issue is very important because affect a huge library of previously made and ready to use and insert in design plans, so is not practical to need to start to change every DWG made previously to correct this one by one by hand.

I wonder if could be a bug of QCAD, or hope that may be some little setting that I don't know by now, so that it could solve this issue for all the drawings already made in my DWGs library.

I am new in QCAD, because I purchase it to substitute Draftsight, since Draftsight discontinue the Ubuntu Linux Version, and now QCAD seems that the best option for CAD DWG work in Ubuntu Linux. However, I need to clarify that DraftSight didn't have any issue in MTEXT import and correctly format and display, so, as a reference comment aside.

For reference I am running QCAD Pro version in Ubuntu 20.20, and runs without any issue and in a good way in general except that this issue is something that is turning in a big issue on my side. I also upload here a MTEXT DWG file as sample of the import trouble, and a Screenshot of my monitor as the issue looks with the MTEXT wrong formatted import by QCAD.

Thanks in advance for kind attention and help. Best regards
Attachments
QCAD_MTEXT_Unformatted_Import_Issue.dwg
(901.4 KiB) Downloaded 293 times

andrew
Site Admin

Re: MTEXT import unformatted by QCAD Issue

Post by andrew » Wed May 13, 2020 7:02 pm

Unfortunately, I can confirm that automatic text wrapping is currently not supported in QCAD.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”