If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker
Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.
Always indicate Operating system, QCAD version
Attach Drawing files, Screenshots
- Senior Member
- Posts: 112
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:08 pm
- Location: Calafell, Tarragona, Spain
It seems that some bug is happening when editing text Height property with text editor. QCAD is stopping for some seconds (10-20 aprox.). It's happening to me when both creating or editing a text. In order to reproduce this you can:
- Open the attached file
- Create new text with T,E
- Select Height property content
- Delete it. HERE it comes the bug.
I attach dxf file and some screenshots.
- (108.95 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
- 3- QCAD thinking about 10-20 seconds.png (216.11 KiB) Viewed 729 times
- 2- QCAD thinking - monitor.png (240.91 KiB) Viewed 729 times
- 1- Before selectin text Height.png (222.06 KiB) Viewed 729 times
- Site Admin
- Posts: 6919
- Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:07 am
Thanks for your report.
For all support requests, please:
- Indicate the operating system you are using and the version thereof (e.g. Windows 10 32bit, Windows 8.1 64bit, Ubuntu 14.2 64bit, macOS 10.12, etc.)
- Indicate the exact version of QCAD you are using (see Help > About or QCAD > About QCAD or indicate the name of the file you have downloaded and installed)
- Attach original drawing files (DXF, DWG, ...) if appropriate
- Attach exported files (SVG, PNG, PDF, ...) if appropriate
- Include screenshots if appropriate
- If there is an error message, indicate the exact message or include a screenshot of the message
- If using a command line tool, indicate that exact command used
Please be as specific as possible in describing your problem, so we can help you efficiently, thanks.
- Premier Member
- Posts: 775
- Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:17 pm
- Location: Belgium; Antwerp
I still had to update...
QCADpro 188.8.131.52 / win7pro 32 bit / 4GB / 1e generation i7 2.6Ghz / HDD GeForce GT 520
QCADpro 184.108.40.206 / win7pro 32 bit / 4GB / 1e generation i7 2.6Ghz / HDD GeForce GT 520
- Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing
- Posts: 3164
- Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 9:25 am
- Location: USA
dfriasb wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:51 pm
. In order to reproduce this you can:
I can't reproduce that on Win10/64. I've no delay within my editing ...
Note: Your Memory (RAM) is already used to 77%. That is to much and leads to performance issues! Maybe you can test the issue with a lower RAM load.
Shut down your computer (not a restart!),
Boot your computer again.
After it has booted start NO other program except QCAD.
Test the Text editing issue - will it still stop for 20 sec.?
How much RAM in % is used?
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title...". Thanks!
- Newbie Member
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:14 am
i see this as well on fedora linux (community edition qcad-220.127.116.11-2.fc31.x86_64) happens at times when changing the numbers (e.g. two backspaces from size 150 =>1 gives me this stop (if i want to change to 125 or so)