Left select issues

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Panchdara
Premier Member

Left select issues

Post by Panchdara » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:05 am

Good morning. I attach a couple of wmv animations that should highlight my observations. Also attached is the drawing file.

1) Left select a dimension that the selection box touches/intersects a part of that dimension line will select that dimension.
Left select that dimension BUT do not intersect a dimension line.... nothing selected.

2) Artifact??? left select a small part of the drawing and those entities are selected. Then lower center selection point makes sense as it might be to do with the angular dimension. However, selecting a larger area seems to select a bogus point????? I can't find it.

Best
Attachments
LeftSelection.wmv
Not selecting dimension properly??
(1.46 MiB) Downloaded 388 times
Y-Tube.dxf
(105.91 KiB) Downloaded 381 times
LeftSelection2.wmv
Bogus artifact??
(2.29 MiB) Downloaded 397 times
Windows 10

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Left select issues

Post by Husky » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:12 am

Good morning,
Panchdara wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:05 am
1) Left select a dimension that the selection box touches/intersects a part of that dimension line will select that dimension.
Left select that dimension BUT do not intersect a dimension line.... nothing selected.
Thanks - reproducible. I tested it with a 35 mm "Extension line Offset". If the selection box is used within the offset it won't select the dim.

Husky-2020.03.05-07.png
Husky-2020.03.05-07.png (7.49 KiB) Viewed 3944 times

Please file a bugreport.

Panchdara wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:05 am
2) Artifact??? left select a small part of the drawing and those entities are selected. Then lower center selection point makes sense as it might be to do with the angular dimension. However, selecting a larger area seems to select a bogus point????? I can't find it.
Can't reproduce this. Your example drawing has in that particular area two lines which could represent the " Artifact". If I delete them every thing looks good. How can I try to reproduce that without those lines ...

Husky-2020.03.05-09.png
Husky-2020.03.05-09.png (20.49 KiB) Viewed 3944 times
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Panchdara
Premier Member

Post by Panchdara » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:22 am

Many, many thanks for your investigation.

1) I'll file bug report in a moment... phew, sometimes I wonder whether it's me .... I always doubt myself before thinking of a glitch in the product.

2) I reopened the file and those 2 lines are now visible. I have no idea where they came from.... perhaps playing with intersections. However in my wmv files those 2 lines are not visible....??? Hmmmm? Also, the left select did not "get" those lines unless a larger area was selected. Should I see that anomaly again, I'll save, restart QCAD and reopen...

Thanks again. You have always been of invaluable insight and assistance.

Best
Hugh
Windows 10

Panchdara
Premier Member

Post by Panchdara » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:46 am

I just received notification that this has been addressed... I got whiplash from this... as the fix occurred so fast... ouch! :lol:

Thank you Andrew.

Best
Windows 10

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”