Moving blocks containing attributes issue

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Oliver
Newbie Member

Moving blocks containing attributes issue

Post by Oliver » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:29 am

Hi,

I have a block containing only one attribute. I import several of these blocks on the model space and often I have to move them around to rearrange the elements of my drawing. Every time I synchronize my attributes (command UY), they go back to where I originally imported them.
I've tried moving them with the MV command, and by click and drag but the result is the same.

Can anyone help ?

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Moving blocks containing attributes issue

Post by andrew » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:35 am

Please provide more details, as outlined below, thanks.
Oliver wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:29 am
I import several of these blocks on the model space and often I have to move them around to rearrange the elements of my drawing.
Are you moving the block references or the attributes attached to them?
Oliver wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:29 am
Every time I synchronize my attributes (command UY), they go back to where I originally imported them.
Is "they" referring to the block references of the attributes? In the latter case, that's expected behaviour. Synchronising means updating the attributes linked to your block references with the attribute definitions as they appear in your block definition. A synch will add new attributes, remove obsolete ones and reset the position of your attributes, all according to the current state of the block definition.

Oliver
Newbie Member

Post by Oliver » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:23 am

Well what I am trying to do is move the whole lot and make it stay where I moved to once I sync.
I think that I don't understand very well the difference between the block references and the attributes references. I never want the attributes to move from the bloc references in the model space (otherwise I would change that in the block directly).
Before my post, I selected the block and the attribute, moved the selection and when I synced the block and the attribute went back to where they first were.
Now, after creating a new block with also an attribute, when I move the whole lot, and sync it stays where I put it. If I move only the attribute and sync, the attribute goes back to the place defined in the block. If I move the block element only ans sync, the attribute follows the block.

Is it possible there is a bug with one of my blocks ?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:28 am

Oliver wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:23 am
Is it possible there is a bug with one of my blocks ?
Possibly.. hard to tell without the drawing file.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”