[solved] Stuck in Trial mode

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Atbc1
Registered Member

[solved] Stuck in Trial mode

Post by Atbc1 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:12 pm

I purchased the windows professional version, received my confirmation email, downloaded through the link in the email and QCAD shuts down like clockwork like im using a trial version. Windows 10 downloaded the 32bit installer on 1/4/2020. How do I fix this issue?

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Stuck in Trial mode

Post by Husky » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:32 pm

Hi Atbc1 - welcome to the QCAD forum.
Atbc1 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:12 pm
I purchased the windows professional version, received my confirmation email, downloaded through the link in the email and QCAD shuts down like clockwork like im using a trial version. Windows 10 downloaded the 32bit installer on 1/4/2020. How do I fix this issue?
Sounds like it is still running on trial ...

1. Please deinstall the trial version,
2. please delete also the QCAD3.ini - this link will tell you where to find it on Win10.
https://qcad.org/en/tutorial-resetting- ... on#Windows
3. Install the downloaded full QCAD version. Make sure the used download link suits your system.
https://qcad.org/en/documentation/insta ... er_Windows
4. Keep us posted how it's going.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Atbc1
Registered Member

Post by Atbc1 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:52 pm

Thank you very much! So far so good, did not receive any of the this is a trial prompts. Only bummer is lost the drawing I was working on but I guess it will give me more practice.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:56 pm

Atbc1 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:52 pm
Thank you very much! So far so good, did not receive any of the this is a trial prompts.
Great - you're welcome.
Atbc1 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:52 pm
Only bummer is lost the drawing I was working on but I guess it will give me more practice.
Usually that should'n be the case - but .... don't know what happened. :wink:
Make sure to save your drawings outside the QCAD program installation. A location like C:\Users\user\Documents\CAD_drawings or so works best ...

I'll mark this topic as solved. :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”