Unable to access drop down menus

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Ned Kelly
Newbie Member

Unable to access drop down menus

Post by Ned Kelly » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:29 am

Hello, I have just installed Qcad Pro on a Dell Studio Xps using Ubuntu 14.04 and find trouble getting the top row containing File, Edit, Draw, Dimension, Modify, Info etc to drop down. I can access tools from top and side tool bars, but other actions will not drop down. I can save file by icon, but no drop down.
I have ensure that no tool is active.
Any suggestions ?

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Unable to access drop down menus

Post by Husky » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:08 am

Hi,

I've seen that you tested the trial. Make sure QCAD Pro is installed in a new or empty subdirectory.

If Pro was properly installed in a new/empty subdirectory - did you try to reset the QCAD Configuration ?

Resetting the QCAD Configuration:

https://qcad.org/en/tutorial-resetting- ... figuration

Installation instructions:

https://qcad.org/en/documentation/installation
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Unable to access drop down menus

Post by andrew » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:56 am

Ned Kelly wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:29 am
Hello, I have just installed Qcad Pro on a Dell Studio Xps using Ubuntu 14.04 and find trouble getting the top row containing File, Edit, Draw, Dimension, Modify, Info etc to drop down.
I cannot reproduce this problem here on Ubuntu 14.04 64bit using the installer "QCAD Professional 3.23.0 for Linux 64bit (Installer)" (qcad-3.23.0-pro-linux-x86_64.run). The menus seems to work fine. QCAD is using the integrated Ubuntu style menu at the top of the screen.

You could download and install the legacy installer "QCAD Professional 3.23.0 for Linux Legacy Qt4 64bit (Installer)" (qcad-3.23.0-pro-linux-qt4-x86_64.run) instead. This doesn't use the Ubuntu menu but the Qt style menu in the application window.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”