Exception occurred. Entity NOT saved: 7e8

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Optician
Newbie Member

Post by Optician » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:48 am

Windows 7 x64 + SP's

Version: 3.23.0.0 (3.23.0)
Build Date: Jul 18 2019
Revision: 42e52bf
Qt Version: 5.5.1
Architecture: x86_64
Compiler: MSVC++ 12.0 (2013)

Every time I Save or Save As this drawing I receive the same error. I am also seeing this error on Autosaves.

Command: saveas
Saved file: E:/CAD/QCAD/drawings/assy_05.dxf
Format: R27 [2013] DXF Drawing [Teigha] (*.dxf)

I read earlier in this forum that it could be associated with line spacing of text, but that is 1 on all text. All text is 2 characters with identical dialog parameters except text content. See attachment. I'm unable to post this drawing, but maybe I could construct a miminum drawing that repeats the problem. This drawing was not started from a template.

Thank you.
Attachments
text_dialog.jpg
text_dialog.jpg (70.15 KiB) Viewed 8000 times

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Exception occurred. Entity NOT saved: 7e8

Post by andrew » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:30 pm

Optician wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:48 am
I'm unable to post this drawing, but maybe I could construct a miminum drawing that repeats the problem. This drawing was not started from a template.
Please do. Without a drawing there is no way we can check or fix this issue.

Optician
Newbie Member

Post by Optician » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:25 pm

Thanks Andrew. There's a bit of a Catch 22 here though. To attach or send a file to you, it has to first be saved. When you save the file, the offending entity is not saved. In fact, that saved file will load OK and carry on like nothing happened, saving it whenever you want without exceptions.

The way I discovered that, of course, left me without any file containing the offending entity. Nor can I see anything missing. Neither can I reproduce it yet, but I'll keep trying. If I do make a drawing which exhibits the save error, how can I get the data to you>

Optician
Newbie Member

Post by Optician » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:02 pm

OK - I now have the following error everytime I try to save my drawing :

Exception occurred. Entity NOT saved: 129d

The drawing does save, presumably without entity 129d. It opens OK and then resaves OK

How can I get the errant data to you?. I can't save it and send it to you as it then no longer has the problem.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:49 pm

We'd need the original drawing you are loading which likely contains the offending entity. You can also e-mail to info AT ribbonsoft DOT com.

Optician
Newbie Member

Post by Optician » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:27 pm

I'm happy to send the drawing to you, but as a file on disk complete with error, it doesn't exist. The error this time has developed during construction of the drawing. At some point, it has started to fail saving that specific entity of the drawing. The rest of the drawing saves fine, but the file on disk doesn't have the errant entity in it. The drawing with errant entity only exists as work in progress inside QCAD.

So if I sent the drawing, it would load ok and save ok as it does not have the problem entityt saved in it. Is there anyway I can somehow dump the working memory, or create an extended debug log so you can see what is failing during save?. Have I explained that OK?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:00 am

You can try to save using dxflib which is less picky then Teigha. Make sure to use a separate name for your exported file:

File > Save As... > Change format to "R15 [2000/LT2000] DXF Drawing [dxflib] (*.dxf)" > Change name to "mydrawing_dxflib.dxf"

Optician
Newbie Member

Post by Optician » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:36 am

It saved without error using dxflib. I've emailed the file plus imported bitmap to the address you gave.

Thank you

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:41 pm

The offending entity is an ellipse at 1109.742894,640.510477 with radius 0. It's an invalid entity that cannot be saved to DXF/DWG. Saving the file will lose that entity. I hope that helps.

Optician
Newbie Member

Post by Optician » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:10 pm

That's great, thanks for your help and glad it isn't a bug. I've had three similar errors now and I think it happens if I "let go" prematurely with the mouse when starting an ellipse, and thus create a zero size ellipse. At least I now know how to get rid of the error, and explains why I couldn't see any difference with the reloaded saved file.

Thanks again.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”