Qcad will not allow drawing units to change in drawing preferences

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules
Always indicate Operating system, QCAD version
Attach Drawing files, Screenshots
lesthegringo

Qcad will not allow drawing units to change in drawing preferences

Post by lesthegringo » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:18 pm

Guys, running Windows 10, Qcad Version 3.21.3.0 (3.21.3)

I am trying to design something that requires me to use both metric and imperial measurements, metric being the main unit for overall dimensions, but then a subset of the part has to be measured in imperial units in order to fit in with circuitry on PCB's that are measured in imperial units.

As a result, I have set up the Application preferences to Metric, millimetres, 5mm grid spacing. I can then draw the major dimensions and overall sizes to fit my needs, but then I want to change to imperial units (inch, 0.05" grid) so that I can put in the electronics parts. Following the instructions I go to drawing preferences, change to inches, set the grid, click apply..... and nothing happens. The units stay in millimetres, the grid as 5mm spacing, and when I look at line properties, it quotes the length in millimetres.

I've tried saving and restarting Qcad, then reopening the file, all to no avail. Am I missing a step somewhere?

Cheers

Les

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Qcad will not allow drawing units to change in drawing preferences

Post by Husky » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:44 pm

Hi,

you need to convert the drawing unit. The tool can be found below Menu/Edit/Convert Drawing Unit.

Note: Changing the Unit below Drawing Preferences will change e.g. a 100 mm line to a 100 inch line.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro

lesthegringo

Re: Qcad will not allow drawing units to change in drawing preferences

Post by lesthegringo » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:38 am

Fantastic, many thanks for that!

Les

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”