Move changes properties

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

RickF
Newbie Member

Move changes properties

Post by RickF » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:06 pm

I'm using Qcad Pro v3.21.3 on a mac. I'm just finishing a drawing of a drawer cabinet and drawers for silverware/utensils. I am using layers - cabinet, dimensions, drawer, hidden etc. each with different colors and hidden layer also uses hidden x2 linetype
After finishing the drawing I selected everything in order to move bottom left corner to 0,0. I was on the hidden layer last & when I moved everything all lines and color was changed to the hidden layer properties.
I did an undo then tried moving 1 object. If it had different layers all properties changed to the same as the layer I was working on.
Did I miss something? I did a move not edit properties.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Move changes properties

Post by Husky » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:19 pm

Make sure that in your move dialog the option "Use current layer attributes" isn't checked.

Husky-2019.01.14-01.png
Husky-2019.01.14-01.png (13.62 KiB) Viewed 2611 times
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

RickF
Newbie Member

Re: Move changes properties

Post by RickF » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:45 pm

Great. Thanks. Never noticed that.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”