Artifact when I copy and paste

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Robert36

Artifact when I copy and paste

Post by Robert36 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:13 pm

I have the latest Pro Version of QCAD and am running a PC.

I am copying and pasting exploded entities. I used the spline tool initially. I notice when I use the selection tool, there are lots of associated "artifacts" for lack of a better word. What is the function? Second question...... does uninstalling QCAD Pro in order to upgrade to the CAD?CAM version..... does it put any kind of work I've done to date in jeopardy of being lost or misplaced? My assumption is it's fine.

I wanted to post a screen shot but was unable to post a screen shot. Control V didn't work. Obviously I am a bit of a luddite when it comes to 'puters.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Artifact when I copy and paste

Post by Husky » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:41 pm

Robert36 wrote:I am copying and pasting exploded entities. I used the spline tool initially. I notice when I use the selection tool, there are lots of associated "artifacts" for lack of a better word. What is the function?
Without a screenshot or example drawing its a kind of guessing - let see ...
Does it look like this?
Husky-2018.03.23-01.png
Husky-2018.03.23-01.png (3.75 KiB) Viewed 3903 times
If yes then this "artifacts" are the center point of each arc. Most likely your exploding led to a shape just built out of a lot of arcs.

Robert36 wrote:Second question...... does uninstalling QCAD Pro in order to upgrade to the CAD?CAM version..... does it put any kind of work I've done to date in jeopardy of being lost or misplaced? My assumption is it's fine.
I would recommend to keep the "old installation until you are sure the new installation is proper working! To do so don't use the .msi installation packet for windows - it will automatically de-install the old version of QCAD. Use the zip archive instead - decompress it in a new/empty subdirectory and create a shortcut to qcad.exe.
Now you are able to run both installation independently (but not at the same time!) and when you sure you don't need anymore the old installation just delete it.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Robert36

Re: Artifact when I copy and paste

Post by Robert36 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:12 am

Good guess Husky and thank you.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”