[solved] Unable to load program

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Ned Kelly
Newbie Member

[solved] Unable to load program

Post by Ned Kelly » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:13 am

I have had difficulty in getting drop downs to work and some operations to execute. I decided to remove the program and download the 64 bit Legacy program, this was worse than previous. So deleted that,but now unable to load program again from email, only 32 bit in view and no download button. Using Dell XPS laptop with Ubuntu 14.04. QCad 3.24.2. My download has only been 3 or 4 and have until November 2020. Any suggestions

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Unable to load program

Post by andrew » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:37 am

Ned Kelly wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:13 am
I have had difficulty in getting drop downs to work and some operations to execute.
Please provide more details. Do you mean the drop down menu's at the top? What happened if you clicked on them?
Ned Kelly wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:13 am
now unable to load program again from email, only 32 bit in view and no download button.
I've checked your download link and everything looks fine. There are plenty of downloads left. Perhaps you can try on a different computer or with a different browser?

Please always keep the downloaded installer files. After your access to downloads expires, you might still need them to re-install at one point.

Ned Kelly
Newbie Member

Post by Ned Kelly » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:57 pm

Hi Andrew, clicking on top row, file, edit, modify etc for drop down mostly does not work, i have been using command line that works better. I thought of re installing and using your previous advice used the legacy down load. This operated the same problem. So I removed the lot. Now wanting to do a fresh re install I find that when I go to down load the downloads buttons for 64 bit system are not showing, and even the download buttons for 32 bit are not showing. Dell XPS x64 laptop, Ubuntu 14.04, QCad 3.24.2 see screenshot
QCad Screenshot.png
QCad Screenshot.png (137.83 KiB) Viewed 5001 times

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:00 am

That are collapsed folders - click on it and it will expand to show all possible downloads ...

Husky-2020.03.05-02.png
Husky-2020.03.05-02.png (111.59 KiB) Viewed 4998 times
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:29 am

The menu issue is likely caused by an Ubuntu / Qt integration issue. You can switch off this integration in QCAD:
Edit > Application Preferences > Widgets > Menu Bar > Use native menu bar (uncheck)

Ned Kelly
Newbie Member

Post by Ned Kelly » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:09 am

SOLVED !, Thanks Andrew, I went a bought a new computer with Windows 10, seems to me that the old computer was the problem. Downloaded the Win program. At this early stage all is running just fine.

jarek
Registered Member

Re: [solved] Unable to load program

Post by jarek » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:58 am

I have similar problem. I can use menu File only once. When I open file via Menu>File>Open, file get loaded but all upper menu stop working. When I hoover mouse on File,Edit etc, nothing happens - there is no drop down, also when I click it.
I disabled integration like Andrew said and now menu works normal.

Ubuntu x64 18.04 4.15.0-109-generic, Unity desktop, Qcad x64 3.24.3

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”