[solved] copying between files

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Toby
Registered Member

[solved] copying between files

Post by Toby » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:19 am

Hi Guys,
Im relatively new to Qcad and have come across an issue which I hope someone can help me with.

When I go to copy a shape which I have created in one file and paste it in another file, the shape automatically changes to a different shape which I didn't have selected. I have deselected all items in both files.
Has anyone come across this or can give any advice?

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: copying between files

Post by Husky » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:56 am

Hi Guy,
Toby wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:19 am
Has anyone come across this or can give any advice?
without seeing an example drawing I have to guess ... :shock:

I assume you are trying to copy/paste a block from a source drawing into the target drawing. Sounds like both drawings have already a block with the same name but different content. If you chose during the inserting process the option in the option bar NOT to overwrite blocks then the content of the same named block in your target drawing will be used for inserting. If you chose to OVERWRITE blocks the block content of the source drawing will be used.

Husky-2021.07.18-01.png
Husky-2021.07.18-01.png (25.4 KiB) Viewed 1958 times
How to fix: Play with the "Overwrite blocks" option to see what happens. If I'm right rename the block in one drawing - source or target.

If I'm wrong please attach the drawing to your post for further investigation. Thanks.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Toby
Registered Member

Re: copying between files

Post by Toby » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:42 am

hi Husky,
You hit the nail on the head. I did as you mentioned below and it is working fine. It was just that I had blocks with the same name.
Thanks for your help!

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”