[solved] Drawing continually changing size

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

John L
Newbie Member

[solved] Drawing continually changing size

Post by John L » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:17 pm

When attempting to start some exercise drawings I am frustrated by the size changing from small to large without any apparent reason. I am not aware of doing any operation to cause this but assume there must be a way to lock the drawing at the scale/size you want it.

Operating system is Mac OS 10.15.7 and I am using QCAD V3.24.2.0

Any help will be welcomed.

Many thanks

John L

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Drawing continually changing size

Post by Husky » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:30 pm

Hi John L,

QCAD will not scale/ resize or zoom your drawing on its own. Because of that - there is no setting to lock a drawing to prevent that.

Do you talking about resizing or a different zoom factor. For example: will a 100 unit long line will be suddenly 200 unit? Or will a 100 unit line look lager on the monitor but still is 100 unit long. Please elaborate what exactly is going on. If helpful please attache the drawing to the post. Thanks.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:49 pm

If you are using an Apple "Magic Mouse", you will have to adjust your mouse navigation settings under:

Edit > Application Preferences > Graphics View > Navigation > Mouse wheel zoom factor

1.02 should work OK for magic mice which are extremely sensitive.

John L
Newbie Member

Post by John L » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:37 pm

Gentlemen
Thank you for your replies. I have solved the problem with the drawing 'zooming', caused by inadvertently running my finger along the top of the mouse which a very easy thing to do. What I would like to know is there a way of locking the drawing to prevent this happening?

Andrew
I have adjusted the mouse settings as per your instructions and this seems to have improved, as you say it is very sensitive.

Regards

John L

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”