Print Styles

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

AJUK
Newbie Member

Print Styles

Post by AJUK » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:38 am

I understand the three settings for print styles but I was wondering if there is a way to make them more configurable?

I use layer colours for different model drawing elements, for instance, the concrete layer as green, steelwork as blue, dimensions as white/black etc. For printing as all black is an easy radio button select, as is greyscale or full colour. However, I often highlight some elemnets of my drawings with greyscale, as an example, existing concrete elements in section filled with a solid greyscale. So printing using greyscale means the solid hatch is fine but the others colours are a varying grey colours, if I choose black and white printing the greyscale hatch is black!

The work around I have is to select the entire drawing before printing and change to black then go back to select the greyscale hatches and change their colour back, then print using greyscale. This is fine for a simple drawing but becomes very tedious and clumsy for larger work.

Is there a way of assiging print styles to a pen colour,so model space red will print in black etc. but the greyscale will still print grey. If not, this would make a great feature in the PRO version?

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Print Styles

Post by andrew » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:41 am

You might want to look into layer states which allow you to save multiple layer states for different uses of the drawing:
https://qcad.org/en/tutorial-working-with-layer-states

AJUK
Newbie Member

Post by AJUK » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:07 pm

Thanks andrew,
I did try experimenting with that earlier but I'll work through the tutorial again and see how I get on.

AJUK
Newbie Member

Post by AJUK » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:55 pm

That's a great feature to control the layer visibility for a print but there doesn't seem to be a way of controlling the individual colours of drawing elements.

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”