Dimension tool

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

vmodder
Registered Member

Dimension tool

Post by vmodder » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:29 am

Windows 10
Qcad 3.25.20

Hi There

Just started using Qcad and I'm slowly getting my head around it.
I've used fusion 360 a little bit and always found the dimension tool handy to locate different elements on the workpiece, this is basically just like the dimension tool in Qcad but allows you to enter the measurement you wish it to be.
Does Qcad have a tool like this? I've searched through the forum a bit but I'm not sure if I'm using the right terminology.

Cheers
Simon

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Dimension tool

Post by Husky » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:03 pm

Hi,
vmodder wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:29 am
... but allows you to enter the measurement you wish it to be.
Does Qcad have a tool like this? I've searched through the forum a bit but I'm not sure if I'm using the right terminology.
In QCAD you can select a dim and change the measurement in the Property Editor below "Label" to what ever suits the situation. You are also able to use a combination of a measured value + text like 25 inch. For that you have to use in the Label field <> inch whereby <> will be replaced by QCAD with the measured value ...
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

vmodder
Registered Member

Post by vmodder » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:20 am

Thanks for the reply Husky.
think I may have worded that wrong, when I say change the dimension I mean the measurement physically to change between the entity's.

Here's a endplate design I'm having a go at, the rectangle is 10mm from the edge, is there a tool I can use to adjust it to say 20mm?
Attachments
endplate.jpg
endplate.jpg (48.38 KiB) Viewed 2340 times

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:50 am

vmodder wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:20 am
Here's a endplate design I'm having a go at, the rectangle is 10mm from the edge, is there a tool I can use to adjust it to say 20mm?
Ok, understood.

You can move the rectangle with different QCAD tools like Move/Copy (MV), Arrow Keys on your keyboard, drag and drop with the mouse, Stretch et cetera. For a precisely move you can use all snap tools - in this case I would use Move/?Copy and the distance snap + Alt restriction or coordinate to move it in X direction.

Changing the dim from 10 to 20 will not move the rectangle.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”