Print in different colors

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

RaNoPlus

Print in different colors

Post by RaNoPlus » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:18 pm

I want to know if there is a way how

RaNoPlus

Re: Print in different colors

Post by RaNoPlus » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:37 pm

Sorry, i was too quick and pushed a wrong button.

I want to know if there is a way how I can print this drawing with/ using a print style table? So, in a way it’s possible to do in AutoCAD or Draft Sight. I made this drawing in Draft Sight. In Draft Sight I could attach different line thicknesses and colors to the line layer colors. I attach the earlier made version of this drawing (2019003-07 Ontwerptekening-BG elektra.pdf)

In this case it means that a layer which is yellow (61 for example) could be printed black and thicker than the building layout (xref).
Is there a (easy) way how to do this in Qcad? I discovered I can print the whole drawing in black- white (see attached 2019003-08....... drawing). But sometimes there are certain things I want to stress (with red circle for example). OAlso, my logo should stay in color (blue). That’s why I would prefer to use the layers colors as they are now.

Thank you for your reply.
Regards
Radek
Attachments
2019003-08 Ontwerptekening BG elektra Z-W.pdf
(5.32 MiB) Downloaded 376 times
2019003-08 Ontwerptekening BG elektra color.pdf
(5.32 MiB) Downloaded 362 times
Screen shot Print Style.png
Screen shot Print Style.png (122.16 KiB) Viewed 5493 times
2019003-07 Ontwerptekening-BG elektra.pdf
(549.2 KiB) Downloaded 361 times

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:00 am

Hi,
RaNoPlus wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:37 pm
I want to know if there is a way how I can print this drawing with/ using a print style table? So, in a way it’s possible to do in AutoCAD or Draft Sight. I made this drawing in Draft Sight. In Draft Sight I could attach different line thicknesses and colors to the line layer colors.
Unfortunately so far QCAD doesn't offer a print style table ...

... but I don't see a big deal in how to prepare a drawing to print e.g. only yellow/blue and the rest in B/W.
A concrete dxf/dwg example could make it easier to explain a workaround ... :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:57 am

Maybe layer states are an option for you:
https://qcad.org/en/tutorial-working-with-layer-states

RaNoPlus

Post by RaNoPlus » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:06 am

Husky wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:00 am
Hi,
RaNoPlus wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:37 pm
I want to know if there is a way how I can print this drawing with/ using a print style table? So, in a way it’s possible to do in AutoCAD or Draft Sight. I made this drawing in Draft Sight. In Draft Sight I could attach different line thicknesses and colors to the line layer colors.
Unfortunately so far QCAD doesn't offer a print style table ...

... but I don't see a big deal in how to prepare a drawing to print e.g. only yellow/blue and the rest in B/W.
A concrete dxf/dwg example could make it easier to explain a workaround ... :wink:
Sorry, this is the dwg. I forgot to attach it. I'll also check the layer states. May be it's an option for me.
Attachments
2019003-07 Ontwerptekening-BG 10.16.50.dwg
(416.02 KiB) Downloaded 367 times

RaNoPlus

Post by RaNoPlus » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:47 am

andrew wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:57 am
Maybe layer states are an option for you:
https://qcad.org/en/tutorial-working-with-layer-states
Yes, this is definitely an option for me! Thanks. See attached dwg (still in progress). :wink:

Only thing/ question is, can I edit more layers (for example alle yellow layers) in one time ? Or do I have to edit (prepare) all layers layer by layer? This could be quite time consuming in case I have a drawing with many layers.

One more question- can I copy a layer states between different drawings? I have now a building with several stories. I tried to 'play' with a layer state 'on the 2nd foor'. But the rest of the building has also to be changed.It would be nice to copy a layer state from one drawing (floor) to other to prevent I have to make the changes in all drawings.
Attachments
2019003-08 Ontwerptekening-2e.dwg
(819.36 KiB) Downloaded 353 times

CVH
Premier Member

Post by CVH » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:44 am

RaNoPlus wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:47 am
can I copy a layer states between different drawings?
I think not.
To start with: Does all your drawings have the same layer structure?

If so, you could port your designs in a template with default LayerStates.

Regards,
CVH
Last edited by CVH on Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Husky

Post by Husky » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:54 pm

RaNoPlus wrote:
Only thing/ question is, can I edit more layers (for example alle yellow layers) in one time ? Or do I have to edit (prepare) all layers layer by layer? This could be quite time consuming in case I have a drawing with many layers.
Yes, multiple layer selection and modification is possible.
On Windows you can select layer in the the Layer List with the common shortcut combination STRG + mouse or Shift + mouse to change e.g. the color in all layer with one adjustment in the Property Editor.

RaNoPlus wrote:
One more question- can I copy a layer states between different drawings? I have now a building with several stories. I tried to 'play' with a layer state 'on the 2nd foor'. But the rest of the building has also to be changed.It would be nice to copy a layer state from one drawing (floor) to other to prevent I have to make the changes in all drawings.
Currently you can't copy layer states between drawings ...
... but if you use the SAME layer names you can prepare a template to import or copy/paste a drawing with use of the option "Overwrite Layers" to adopt the layer Attributes in the target (Template) drawing.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

RaNoPlus

Post by RaNoPlus » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:55 am

Husky wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:54 pm
RaNoPlus wrote:
Yes, multiple layer selection and modification is possible.
On Windows you can select layer in the the Layer List with the common shortcut combination STRG + mouse or Shift + mouse to change e.g. the color in all layer with one adjustment in the Property Editor.

I use Mac. What is the combination on mac? Further, I don't understand what you mean by STRG. Can you explain it to me? Thanks. I can select multiple layers but I can't change them all (color, thickness etc).
RaNoPlus wrote:
Currently you can't copy layer states between drawings ...
... but if you use the SAME layer names you can prepare a template to import or copy/paste a drawing with use of the option "Overwrite Layers" to adopt the layer Attributes in the target (Template) drawing.
I'll do that. Thank you

Husky

Post by Husky » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:04 pm

RaNoPlus wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:55 am
I use Mac. What is the combination on mac? Further, I don't understand what you mean by STRG. Can you explain it to me? Thanks.
In Win STRG is the same like CTRL ... e_confused
Not sure but I think Mac uses the ⌘ instead ... :oops:
RaNoPlus wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:55 am
I can select multiple layers but I can't change them all (color, thickness etc).
After the selection of the layer is done you have to change the layer properties within the "Property Editor".

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”