File Properties

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

MacDuff
Registered Member

File Properties

Post by MacDuff » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:05 pm

I have used a number of 2D CAD applications. It can be frustrating learning small differences in use when one has other terms or procedures from previous apps embedded in memory but I have developed a healthy respect for QCAD and I commend you on it. I have been able to adapt and have not bothered you with questions.
My post is to ask if there is somewhere in QCAD a way to display the location of the current active drawing. For example some applications have a menu item called "Properties" and when opened it displays information about the file including the complete path to the file.

Is such a feature already in QCAD? If not would it be possible to add it at some future time. This is not a priority but would be a help when there are files open from a number of different locations on the system. It would simplify opening additional drawing files that relate to the one currently being used.

Thank you all your work on this excellent and affordable drafting application. I do not participate in social media but if you wish to include my comments in your reviews you have my permission.

MacDuff

RandallG

Re: File Properties

Post by RandallG » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:28 pm

This question would be much better if placed in the topic category of, "QCAD, How do I? Questions"
However, I agree it's an excellent CAD program.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:46 pm

There's two ways I can think of:
- Rest the mouse cursor on the tab (where you can see the file name of the current drawing) and wait for the tooltip to appear. The tooltip contains the complete path and file name of the file.
- Choose menu "File > Save As". The file dialog now pops up, showing the folder where the file is currently saved, so you can note that folder, then cancel the "Save As" dialog.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:08 pm

andrew wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:46 pm
There's two ways I can think of:...
additional:
- Menu/File/"Open Resent" file list will show name/path,
- a loaded drawing is listed in the Command Line widget with name/path
- Menu/File/Save will list name/path in the Command Line widget,
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”