Circle Center Point

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

ov10fac

Circle Center Point

Post by ov10fac » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:38 pm

Is it possible to draw a circle and have the center point drawn at the same time. When building machines the center point of a circle is pretty important. Right now the only way I know of to actually lock the center point is to draw two lines perpendicular to each other then group them and align horizontal and vertical with the previously drawn circle. Seems to ba a lot of work for something so trivial. Just a thought.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Circle Center Point

Post by Husky » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:58 pm

ov10fac wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:38 pm
Is it possible to draw a circle and have the center point drawn at the same time. When building machines the center point of a circle is pretty important
No.
ov10fac wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:38 pm
Right now the only way I know of to actually lock the center point is to draw two lines perpendicular to each other then group them and align horizontal and vertical with the previously drawn circle. Seems to ba a lot of work for something so trivial. Just a thought.
What do you think about a one click solution? I use CS (Centerline Cross).
Draw a circle, launch CS, check the option bar for the desired settings, click the circle, done.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”