QCAD Pro Inactive after launch

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

algrass

QCAD Pro Inactive after launch

Post by algrass » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:51 pm

When I launch Qcad Pro in my iMac the program opens normally but it is not active, Finder remains active despite running in the background. To make it active I have to click anywhere in the workspace or toolbars. Then, and only then, the ribbon shows QCAD Pro and Menus, etc.
All other programs installed on my iMac become active once launched despite having, say, several other programs running. The last launched program becomes the active window. Is this a bug in the program or can it be fixed in the Preferences?

andrew
Site Admin

Re: QCAD Pro Inactive after launch

Post by andrew » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:10 pm

This is something that has changed in the most recent versions of Mac OS X.

If you are comfortable working with a plain text editor, you can work around it by changing the file QCAD-Pro.app/Contents/Info.plist and removing the following 2 lines:

<key>LSUIElement</key>
<string>1</string>

algrass

Post by algrass » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:47 am

andrew wrote:This is something that has changed in the most recent versions of Mac OS X.

If you are comfortable working with a plain text editor, you can work around it by changing the file QCAD-Pro.app/Contents/Info.plist and removing the following 2 lines:

<key>LSUIElement</key>
<string>1</string>
Yes I am comfortable with doing that. But please tell me in which Library folder I can find this file. I looked into: Library/Applications but could not find it.

algrass

Post by algrass » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:00 am

algrass wrote:
andrew wrote:This is something that has changed in the most recent versions of Mac OS X.

<key>LSUIElement</key>
<string>1</string>
Yes I am comfortable with doing that. But please tell me in which Library folder I can find this file. I looked into: Library/Applications but could not find it.
Ah, found how to do it. Job done, thanks.

For those new to Qcad like me here is the procedure:
Open Finder and select the Applications folder.
Right click on Qcad-Pro.app and choose "Show Package Contents"
This brings up the list of key files and subfolders.
Right click on file "Info.plist" and choose to Open With TextEdit.app
This text editor opens and shows all the lines of this file. Just remove those two lines mentioned by Andrew, remove the empty spaces as SAVE the file. Relaunch Qcad and the issue is fixed.

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”