Line colour

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

phmellish
Registered Member

Line colour

Post by phmellish » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:17 am

Windows 64 Qcad 3.29.6 pro
Hi,
The problem -different colours for horizontal and vertical lines.
From opening the download (no changes to default settings) and when creating lines the horizontal lines are black and vertical lines are a turquoise colour. I have spent a lot of wasted time trying to sort this myself. I have created new layers and defining that lines be unbroken and black and still the vertical lines are turquoise. If I make multiple lines on different angles then those that are more horizontal are black and those that more vertical are turquoise! I have not checked the angles but assume 45 degrees is where the colour transitions from black to turquoise. I had a project to do and I like this program better than a couple of other inexpensive programs. I can't see that there is an easy fix to this as I have spent HOURS trying to get this basic function to work with just black lines. Very frustrating please help me fix this.
I deleted the program and re-downloaded to reset and check if it still did this line colour aberration. It did - no change.
If I make a new layer and specify RED lines and a certain thickness then the vertical lines are a different colour scarlet/purple (hard to describe) but its thinner than specified and not the same colour as the red horizontal lines created in the new layer.

CVH
Premier Member

Re: Line colour

Post by CVH » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:52 pm

Hi, and welcome to the QCAD forum.

What you explain here is rather a screen issue than an application issue.

A few things that can be helpful for the developer:
What is your operation system?
Do you uses a high resolution display?
Is it an external monitor?

Regards,
CVH

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”