[solved] dimensions look like blobs of ink

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

rluke

[solved] dimensions look like blobs of ink

Post by rluke » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:32 am

New user... first post

So far things look great. question about dimensions. I added a horizontal dimension and it looks like blobs of ink instead of numbers. I must be doing something wrong. Just not sure what. Any help would be most welcome... thanks
Last edited by rluke on Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: dimensions look like blobs of ink

Post by Husky » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:15 am

Where? In Print Preview? Sounds like your print scale is wrong. Adjust the scale and see if your ink drops disappear ... :wink:

If that doesn't solves the issue please attach the drawing to your post. Thanks.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

rluke

Post by rluke » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:28 pm

Husky
Thanks for the reply. I just downloaded Qcad and am just evaluating it. I only get to try it for 15 min. at a time until I decide to purchase the Pro version. I will try to recreate the issue and attach the file.

thanks thanks :)

rluke

Post by rluke » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:15 pm

Husky
Looks like you are correct about the scale. As I change my viewport to a small scale the dimensions go from readable to unreadable blobs again.
So if I am drawing something very large in model space I will have to change the scale to fit the geometry into a viewport. I am guessing that I have to change some setting for the dimension scale to make the dimensions readable ?

thanks

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:30 pm

rluke wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:15 pm
I am guessing that I have to change some setting for the dimension scale to make the dimensions readable ?
Yes - thats correct!

Please keep in mind that if you scale a drawing for printing it will also scale the Dimensioning. To compensate that effect you can adjust the Dim scale settings below Menu/Edit/Drawing Preferences/Dimension Settings. Default is 1 what means if you print a drawing 1:1 QCAD will use the Dim settings 1:1. With other words. Is you Dim Text Height is set to e.g. 0.14 inch it will print it as 0.14 inch on paper.

On the other hand - if you scale a drawing to 1:10 QCAD will also scale the Dim 1:10 ..... what could make an ink puddle. To counteract that effect you have to scale the Dim settings in this case 10 times up. What means the drawing is down scaled 10 times - the Dim is up scaled 10 times = Text Height 0.14 " on paper ... :wink:

Husky-2022.01.23-03.png
Husky-2022.01.23-03.png (32.46 KiB) Viewed 2515 times
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

rluke

Re: dimensions look like blobs of ink- Solved

Post by rluke » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:05 am

A million thanks.

I have added "solved" to the title

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”