Exception occurred. Entity NOT saved: XYZ

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

crowhurst

Re: Exception occurred. Entity NOT saved: XYZ

Post by crowhurst » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:18 am

CVH, I detected one as Text in the Property Editor, but then I loaded a drawing from months ago on a separate project, and paste failed completely. I therefore took the nuclear option reset my configuration as you suggested, and so far all is working correctly. Many thanks for your time and expertise.
Nick

CVH
Premier Member

Post by CVH » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:34 am

crowhurst wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:18 am
I therefore took the nuclear option reset my configuration as you suggested, and so far all is working correctly. Many thanks for your time and expertise.
To my knowledge it is the second time odd behavior is fixed with trashing the preferences stored in QCAD.ini/config ...
Knowing what is stored there in textual notation does not explain odd behavior.
It could hardly be paste scale zero or empty because that won't paste anything.

I hope for you that the weird issues you had with QCAD are fixed. :wink:

Kind regards,
CVH

seadrill
Registered Member

Post by seadrill » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:59 pm

When it comes to errors stemming from the OpenDesign libraries, resorting to manual intervention becomes the last line of defense. These libraries have a strict policy of saving only strictly standard data to DXF/DWG formats. However, the reality is that there are numerous files out there containing non-standard data. This is precisely when you're likely to encounter this particular error.

Ideally, all these discrepancies will eventually be smoothed out. But for now, navigating through this terrain involves a fair amount of trial and error. It's a matter of deciphering what data is deemed acceptable and what falls outside the realm of standardization.

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”