separate Move/Copy commands

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

petevick
Premier Member

separate Move/Copy commands

Post by petevick » Mon May 25, 2020 9:04 am

coming from an AutoCad background, I was struggling to use the combined Move/Copy command efficiently in Qcad, so I was looking for another way how I might be able to use separate commands. I started by using the copywithreference, cutwithreference and then paste commands via rc, rt and ps short commands. I then wanted to cut down on keystrokes so through Edit > Application Preferences > General > Tool Settings, I tried adding extra shortcuts to the above commands, so for copywithreference I added C (for Copy), for cutwithreference I added M (for Move) and for paste I added V, C/M and V are also close together on the keyboard. I was expecting a conflict to show, but none did. Now I have separate Move/Copy commands with just two key presses (if you include Paste) that are as close as I think I'll get to how I used to use AutoCad.
I'm sure a lot of users are more than satisfied with the combined Move/Copy command, I'm sure that if I hadn't used AutoCad for so long, I'd be satisfied with it too.
Pete Vickerstaff
Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon, Qcad Pro 3.29.6

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: separate Move/Copy commands

Post by Husky » Mon May 25, 2020 9:19 am

.... to turn off the Move/Copy dialog window is a nice option too. :wink:

Husky-2020.05.25-01.png
Husky-2020.05.25-01.png (69.43 KiB) Viewed 4705 times

Husky-2020.05.25-02.png
Husky-2020.05.25-02.png (15.42 KiB) Viewed 4705 times
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon May 25, 2020 9:21 am

I'd strongly advice against using single letter keycodes. This will disable all two-letter keycodes starting with the same letter. Adding the shortcut "C" will disable all shortcuts for circles (CI, CR, ...).

petevick
Premier Member

Post by petevick » Mon May 25, 2020 9:28 am

andrew wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:21 am
I'd strongly advice against using single letter keycodes. This will disable all two-letter keycodes starting with the same letter. Adding the shortcut "C" will disable all shortcuts for circles (CI, CR, ...).
ahh bugger, didn't think that far ahead.....back to the drawing board....or back to using the toolbar

Thanks for this Andrew
Pete Vickerstaff

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon May 25, 2020 9:39 am

PS: Why is C + P for copy or R +C for copy with reference slower than C + Enter in Autocad?

petevick
Premier Member

Post by petevick » Mon May 25, 2020 9:56 am

andrew wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:39 am
PS: Why is C + P for copy or R +C for copy with reference slower than C + Enter in Autocad?
ermmm, I have no idea :? I think this lockdown is mushing my brain, or old age.....maybe we should just delete this whole topic and pretend it never happened :roll: :oops: :oops:
It seemed such a good idea this morning :cry: :cry:
Pete Vickerstaff

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”