3.23.0.0 macOS more quirks to make it unusable

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Krischu
Premier Member

3.23.0.0 macOS more quirks to make it unusable

Post by Krischu » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:12 am

It's getting weirder with that version under macOS:

I cannot use icons in the tools toolsbar, when it opens. Wanted to use the zero length detection tool:

Icons in the lower portion of the left window bar are unreachable and not sensible.

(Odd, uploading a file and clicking "Place Inline" makes it appear twice. Order of uploaded files is reversed in the sequence of being uploaded)

P.S. I found that I can dock the toolbar horizontally, which is actually not what I would like to use it as in the future but for the moment it may be a workaround.

Anyway, the left toolbar should not be rendered unusable in a professional application.
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2019-09-23 um 12.09.00.png
Bildschirmfoto 2019-09-23 um 12.09.00.png (145.92 KiB) Viewed 5441 times
Bildschirmfoto 2019-09-23 um 12.08.49.png
Bildschirmfoto 2019-09-23 um 12.08.49.png (128.47 KiB) Viewed 5441 times
--
Christoph

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: 3.23.0.0 macOS more quirks to make it unusable

Post by Husky » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:49 pm

Krischu wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:12 am
Anyway, the left toolbar should not be rendered unusable in a professional application.
You are sure you have the knowledge to judge the professionalism of the QCAD software? Well, I will not be the one who will open your eyes ...
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Krischu
Premier Member

Post by Krischu » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:52 am

Husky wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:49 pm
Krischu wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:12 am
You are sure you have the knowledge to judge the professionalism of the QCAD software? Well, I will not be the one who will open your eyes ...
Husky, stay objective and consider the following questions in first place:
  • Do you confirm, that the reported occlusion of the left iconbar and unreachability of the lower portion is fact?
  • Is QCad PRO claiming to be the "professional version" of the otherwise free community edition? And do they ask a price?
  • Do you agree that, if that bug is there, it should not have passed the quality check of a released professional software?
Last edited by Krischu on Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
--
Christoph

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:01 am

Krischu: your screen is too small to show all the icons of the toolbar. You can reduce the icon size or disable some of the tools (both in preferences). Of course, you can also access all the tools through the application menu at the top. Finally, you can switch to the tool matrix instead which is scrollable (View > Toolbars and Widgets > Widgets > Tool Matrix).

However, I sense that you are generally not happy with QCAD Professional so I'd like to offer you a full refund to resolve the situation. Please confirm briefly, that this is what you want, thanks.

Krischu
Premier Member

Post by Krischu » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:15 am

andrew wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:01 am
Krischu: your screen is too small to show all the icons of the toolbar. You can reduce the icon size or disable some of the tools (both in preferences). Of course, you can also access all the tools through the application menu at the top. Finally, you can switch to the tool matrix instead which is scrollable (View > Toolbars and Widgets > Widgets > Tool Matrix).

However, I sense that you are generally not happy with QCAD Professional so I'd like to offer you a full refund to resolve the situation. Please confirm briefly, that this is what you want, thanks.
Andrew, thanks for the positive answer and pointing out the possibility of having a scrollable view.
I'm far from returning QCad Pro. It is the best piece of 2D Software I experienced in the recent past with excellent online support and an affordable price.

Meanwhile I found a solution: I changed the appearance of my Mac Retina display to look as 1680x1050 (a bit finer resolution than the standard 1440x900, where QCad indeed doesn't fit as I described above).

NB: A suggestion to the developers: detect screen resolution and adopt icon bar layout accordingly.
--
Christoph

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”