Layer logic - jams my logic or what ;)

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Layer logic - jams my logic or what ;)

Post by Husky » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:23 pm

Hi,

right now I'm wondering about a layer behavior and just like to ask: Jams my logic :wink:

Scenario: I have a block, build for constructive reasons out of multiple other blocks called "Gas Lift". If I insert it on a layer (e.g. Phantom) in Model Space it will not adopt the layer attributes - yep, understandable.
If I then switch that layer to invisible the combined block will stay visible BUT I can't reach it anymore within a selection.

1. I think if I have something on a layer and switch that layer invisible everything on the layer should be invisible regardless how that block was built.
Correct?

2. A visible block which isn't reachable anymore is more than confusing and there is no easy way to check what is going on. Yes - now I know maybe an invisible layer but which one of my 25 invisible layers .... :(
If there is no other way to solve this issue then it would be nice to have at least some kind of Alert Message ...

Husky-2018.10.18-01.png
Husky-2018.10.18-01.png (19.83 KiB) Viewed 5425 times
select block issue.dxf
(127.57 KiB) Downloaded 490 times
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”