Few new futures

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Isaon
Registered Member

Few new futures

Post by Isaon » Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:12 pm

Can you add few new futures like:

1. IFC import 3d->2d with floor browser
2. Fix title bar windows in dark theme is light needs tweak in qt cfg so taking windows system theme (if dark than dark, if is light then light)
3. import layout from template or another dwg which all ready have layout define with selection which to import
4. Smart block, so we can in block put point with configuration line or multi line ( line numbers color, and layer) so we can after we insert block click on that point and then draw line to another block with equal point, if point has not equal style than give info to user like do you really want connect this two points (maybe this can be made with js but in future would have major impact on usability
5. Hatch to have line detection AND shape

CVH
Premier Member

Re: Few new futures

Post by CVH » Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:49 am

Isaon,

I don't think that IFC support will be implemented anytime soon.
Further it is unsure if QCAD can handle the vast amount of data of such a project file.

I have no issues with the title bar as It appears to be semi transparent on my system.
The QCAD dark theme is a manual option, for certain reasons I stick to 'Default'.

3.28.2 (2023/09/04) includes support for duplicating layout blocks.

When I read further about 'Smart blocks' I do not see the mentioned functionality explained.
I then suppose that it is a custom tool or please provide further links to investigate.

Hatching from a point inside a closed contour is an old (2013) feature request:
https://www.ribbonsoft.com/bugtracker/i ... ask_id=763
There is an attempt to automatically hatch a closed contour buried hidden inside the QCAD Pro resources, partially functional and unfinished.
I see major problems with overlapping, intersecting, partial polylines or partial polyline segments and with parts from blocks.
Where more than two (trimmed) endpoints coexist there are arbitrary decisions to make.
Remind that it is all but line-art, there is no concept of an enclosed area as we humans see it.
I think that if it was easy to implement then it was already released. :wink:

Hatching a well defined closed shape (=circle, ellipse, polyline or spline) or a closed contour of pair-wise trimmed shapes is a standard tool.
See Draw ... Hatch ... Hatch from Selection (HA).
A detached closed contour can be selected by a double click near one of the segments.

Regards,
CVH

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”