Compiling QCAD from source

Discussion forum for C++ and script developers who are using the QCAD development platform or who are looking to contribute to QCAD (translations, documentation, etc).

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files, scripts and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

daileyj93
Newbie Member

Compiling QCAD from source

Post by daileyj93 » Thu May 30, 2019 2:01 am

Hello,
I am having trouble compiling QCAD from the source. I cloned the git repository and tried following the "Compiling QCAD" instructions on the website.
First I downloaded QT 5.5.1 using the installer. Then I downloaded Visual Studio Community and Windows SDK 10.0.18362.1. Next I ran "qmake -r" from the windows cmd. It ran for awhile then I got "The syntax of the command is incorrect" as shown in the attached image "qmake_result.png". After that I also tried running "nmake release" from the Visual Studio Command Prompt, which ran untill I got "NMAKE : fatal error U1077 : return code '0x2'" as shown in attached image "nmake_result.png".
Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong. Let me know if you need more information.
Thank you.
Attachments
qmake_result.png
qmake_result.png (34.24 KiB) Viewed 6145 times
nmake_result.png
nmake_result.png (45.28 KiB) Viewed 6145 times

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Compiling QCAD from source

Post by andrew » Thu May 30, 2019 10:15 am

My first guess would be to avoid spaces in your QCAD sources path...

daileyj93
Newbie Member

Re: Compiling QCAD from source

Post by daileyj93 » Fri May 31, 2019 1:11 am

Thanks andrew! That seemed to do the trick for qmake but I still get the fatal error while running nmake. Any ideas why? Google seems to suggest it is an issue with my environment. Maybe I need to set a PATH for something? I am running nmake from the Visual Studio 2019 command prompt.

EDIT:
SWEET!.. I figured it out. I downloaded Visual Studio 2013 and used the AMD64 Native Tools Command Prompt instead of the Developer Command Prompt and everything went smooth from there! I maybe could have still used VS 2019 if I had used the correct command prompt but I will have to test that in the future sometime.

Thanks for your help!

Return to “QCAD Programming, Script Programming and Contributing”