Suggestions and observations

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD Professional.

Moderator: andrew

VOK
Newbie Member

Post by VOK » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:58 am

Suggestions and observations for QCad 2.2.2.0

1. Command "properties" in the "modify" menu- will not respond to the request for info, if the entity is part of a polyline

2. Spacing of characters needs to be differential. That is to say "AA" has different spacing to" AV", and different to "VV", "VA"

3. Architectural ticks may be more aesthetic if they were at the same angle relative to the drawing. (always 45° or -45°) I acknowledge that this only applies to H & V dimensioning, however this is mostly what appears on arch. drawings

4. Dimension lines, extension lines and the associated text need to be able to be separate and selectable pen thickness. Clear thick pen size is important for the dimensions, but is often the same size as the drawing features. The extension lines need to be fine so the drawing subject is the dominant feature

5. Exploding a block locks all parts into the current layer and attributes
If I insert a block or library item into a drawing, it displays immediately into the current layer, the block will become locked into this layer following an "explode" command unless I first generate a drawing preview.
Drawing preview reverts the block to the layers that were used when it was created, however any change to line size or type on a given layer will be lost
Perhaps this was your intention, in which case I would like to know how to produce a block on one layer with different line styles?

6. Snap function does not return to "snap auto" between consecutive uses in the dimension feature

7. Snap function cannot be modified whilst using the dimension leader feature. Probably related to 6. This can be overcome using "space bar" to enter command, then "esc" to return to dim. leader- but this is awkward

8. Underline text option would be helpful. Perhaps this can be done and I just can't find it

9. The hatch command seems to be locked to an origin - a user defined start point would be good

10 This might be a bug and perhaps belongs in a different forum but here goes→

I create a small rectangle "hotkey re" fully contained in the (+x +y) quadrant of the Cartesian plane,
Turn it into a polyline "og".
Create an equidistant polyline "oq" still inside (+x,+y)
Now I cant seem to select both polylines by enclosing them, unless the origin is also inside the enclosed area. I seem to get the 'parent' polyline selected, but not the copy??? Am I doing something wrong?

QCad is an outstanding 2D drawing board simulator, it is intuitive versatile and direct with excellent user dynamics, a first class example of what can be achieved by a program not trying to do "too much".

Well that's what I think anyway.

Regards
VOK

ggsalas

Post by ggsalas » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:40 pm

Agree with 4 and 9.

Greetings,
Gabriel

ClaudeQC
Newbie Member

Post by ClaudeQC » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:54 pm

>
> 1. Command "properties" in the "modify" menu- will not respond to the
> request for info, if the entity is part of a polyline
>

Yes, I noticed that too.

>
> 2. Spacing of characters needs to be differential. That is to say "AA"
> has different spacing to" AV", and different to "VV", "VA"
>

- Do you mean that it will be nice to have fixed FONT text in QCAD.
If yes, I agreed with you.
Fixed FONT text is great to created aligned text stuff.

>
> 4. Dimension lines, extension lines and the associated text need to be able
> to be separate and selectable pen thickness. Clear thick pen size is
> important for the dimensions, but is often the same size as the drawing
> features. The extension lines need to be fine so the drawing subject is
> the dominant feature
>

- Globally, I think that some improvements can be done on dimension tools.

>
> 8. Underline text option would be helpful. Perhaps this can be done and
> I just can't find it
>

- I use QCAD for drawing electronic schematics, and obviously, being able
to add Overscore/Underscore (%%o and %%u) is a most.

>
> QCad is an outstanding 2D drawing board simulator, it is intuitive versatile
> and direct with excellent user dynamics, a first class example of what
> can be achieved by a program not trying to do "too much".
>

I agreed with you.

Claude Sylvain
Electro-Technica inc.

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Suggestions and Feedback”