Right Click

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD Professional.

Moderator: andrew

dbcad7
Registered Member

Right Click

Post by dbcad7 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:59 am

I do know that QCad is also used on the Mac, but I would love to see some right click functionality added.. It would be good to create programmable right click tools, although I would settle for just the snap functions.. I used to use a cad/cam program that operated in that way.. Select line tool, right click snap to end point, click on the end point, right click snap to midpoint, select the midpoint... Once you have used it, you will realize how nice (and fast) it is... And yes the Mac users can buy mice with right buttons.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:48 pm

In QCAD, the right-click is used to cancel the current tool or to go one step back in the progress of the current tool.

For snap modes, I strongly recommend to learn the simple two letter key codes:
Auto snap - sa
Endpoint - se
Grid - sg
Free - sf

With these, you will be even faster than using a context menu. Two letter key codes are available for almost all tools of QCAD and can be displayed in the menu and tool tips as a learning aid (see application preferences).

Edit: Note that these are not commands that have to be entered in the command line. You can enter them 'blindly' while the command line does not have the focus.

dbcad7
Registered Member

Post by dbcad7 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:03 pm

Thanks,
I had some hit and miss success with Hotkeys earlier, but I think I got it now (the hit & miss was me not QCAD). It should work much better than what I was doing, which was having to select each snap in the snap menu. With more use, I'll be up to speed in no time. I can see that the hotkeys, should be just as fast as the right click would have been.

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Suggestions and Feedback”