Ordinate Dimensions

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD Professional.

Moderator: andrew

rlubikey
Registered Member

Ordinate Dimensions

Post by rlubikey » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:53 am

Smee again!

OK, there's another feature I'd like to see - ordinate dimensions. Just x- or y-distances from a single zero point. This saves cluttering up the drawing with linear dimensions - especially useful when you're giving it to an old-fasioned machine shop :¬)

Thanks for a great product. The latest update (2.1.3.2) seems to have fixed some fill problems which I had put down to 'finger trouble'.

Cheers,

Richard

Dad
Registered Member

Ordinate dimensions

Post by Dad » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:31 pm

Hi,

I you love to see this feature too. Ordinate dimensions is very useful to have the (x,y) coordinates when you write a GCode program to generate paths.

In my company we use today a very old MSDos CAD program. It's very easy to use (as easy as QCAD). Here is a sample of what we make everyday with this program :

I'm searching for a long time to find a easy to use CAD software to replace the old one. Never found a simple one that can be used by every people working in my company. Evaluating QCad for some days makes me feel that I have found the best one that fit my need.

I would love to replace this old cad software with QCad, but without the ordinate dimension feature, it's not possible (well not without cluterring as rlubikey says)

Thanks for you help.
Regards.
David

Antsmarch
Registered Member

Post by Antsmarch » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:58 am

I hate to dredge up an old post but I would like to know if this feature will be implemented in the upcoming release of Qcad. I own the current version of Qcad, and this works fine for some projects. However, I have to used other programs to complete any project that needs the ordinate dimensioning system and would like to keep any hobby projects completely inside a linux environment.

Could someone please inform me if this will be available for Qcad v3. If so, I will not hesitate to purchase the new version when available.

Thank you

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:00 am

QCAD has ordinate dimensioning since version 2.1.6.4 (2008/01/25).

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Suggestions and Feedback”