My suggestions for Qcad3 - LAYERS/PRINT_COLORS/HATCH/BLOCKS

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD Professional.

Moderator: andrew

ggsalas

My suggestions for Qcad3 - LAYERS/PRINT_COLORS/HATCH/BLOCKS

Post by ggsalas » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:21 pm

Hi, I'm an architect and use professional Qcad 2.2.2. I want to share some ideas that would greatly improve my work with Qcad. I hope that any suggestions can be implemented in Qcad3

1 - Layer Groups
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/rP ... directlink
In order to stack the plants in an architectural project is necessary to double the layers. It would be nice to have groups of layers that can lock and hide like a regular layer.

2 - SELECT LAYERS THAT ARE PRINTED IN COLOR OTHER IN B/W
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/uE ... directlink
Often Qcad colors are not desired for printing. The option to print in B / N to select which layers should be printed in color and which not.

3 - IMPROVING THE CREATION OF HATCH (click on the center of a space defined by lines and curves)
Creating hatch is currently a difficult task.

4 - BLOCKS

4.1-USE OF BLOCKS CONTAINING BLOCKS
In this way could create a block to ground floor, one for first floor, and so on. Within each block would work with other blocks as usual.

4.2-EDITION OF BLOCKS IN PLACE
It would be great.

4.3-BLOCKS BETWEN FILES (SUCH AS AUTOCAD REFx)
This is something I have Autocad and is very useful.

5 - ABILITY TO ROTATE THE COORDINATE AXIS
In projects with multiple angles would be very useful to switch between 2 axis of coordinates.

6- Any solution to create a plan with drawings at different scales

Greetings.

MiHeGo

Post by MiHeGo » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:00 pm

About hatching, I would appreciate some means to check the directions of the elements of a contour, especially when some elements are arcs.

Checking the directions is confusing, at least for me. It seems that the arcs cannot be with "Reversed = false".

I'm never sure of their direction by defining start and end points. I have to use a kind of long try & re-try & re-re-try & OK sequence.

Sometimes also, saving the project is enough to get the elements correctly arranged...

As a diagnostic tool, I'm thinking of these possible steps
1 : selecting a contour
2 : applying a hatch
3 : QCAD tells me that the contour is not correct for hatching
4 : a special button would allow to view with arrows the direction of all elements, allowing a quick visual check olf the wrongly oriented element(s).

Anyway, QCAD is a wondeful product... Thank you

Michel

MiHeGo

Post by MiHeGo » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:19 pm

+ 1

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Suggestions and Feedback”