Qcad cam with Elitron plaza T

Do you have a question you want to ask an existing QCAD user about QCAD and what you can do with it? Do you want to know if a particular feature exists? This is the place to ask.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

freeman974
Newbie Member

Qcad cam with Elitron plaza T

Post by freeman974 » Sun May 03, 2020 10:21 am

Bonjour !

Can I use Qcad cam for a cutting machine with oscillating blade and perforator?
https://elitron.com/en/cam/plaza-t/

This is to have more possibilities with the toolspath and total control of the machine ( I would like to modify and create my own post-processor).
I will learn javascript for this, but I have not yet found the information concerning the controller of the machine.

Thank you for your help

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Qcad cam with Elitron plaza T

Post by andrew » Mon May 04, 2020 10:20 am

Thank you for your interest in QCAD/CAM.

QCAD/CAM can be programmed to output pretty much anything you an imagine. It's the time necessary to learn and do the programming that is usually the limiting factor. Do you have any idea what the controller expects? Some dialect of G-Code? If so, you can base your post processor on the generic G-Code post processor.

freeman974
Newbie Member

Post by freeman974 » Mon May 04, 2020 10:46 am

Bonjour !

Unfortunately I don't know what dialect he's expecting, actually if it's G-Code dialect it would be a good base.
I don't work on this machine (futur job) yet.
Can we have an idea of the language used with the make and model of the controller used in the machine?
I will try to get more information about the machine (from the future employer and the manufacturer).

If all goes well I could have Qcad cam for Elitron plaza T machine and another machine for laser cutting.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon May 04, 2020 10:49 am

freeman974 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 10:46 am
Can we have an idea of the language used with the make and model of the controller used in the machine?
I wouldn't know, I'm afraid. Best to get more information from the manufacturer.

freeman974
Newbie Member

Post by freeman974 » Mon May 04, 2020 10:54 am

Okay, I'll contact the manufacturer, hopefully I'll get the information we need.
What other information should I ask him for?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon May 04, 2020 11:19 am

You'll also need some way to copy the (G-Code or other) file generated by QCAD/CAM to the machine controller. In other words: QCAD/CAM does not communicate or connect directly to the machine. It only produces a file.

freeman974
Newbie Member

Post by freeman974 » Mon May 04, 2020 11:32 am

Thank you, I'll look into it.

I really want to use Qcad cam to be able to manage the machine in all these capacities and add functions with my workflow.

Return to “Pre-sales Questions”