model railroad track planning

This forum is for 'Work-in-Progress' QCAD user developed script Add Ons and Plug-ins.

Please use this forum to request/submit your script Add-Ons & Plug-in idea's.

Moderators: andrew, Husky, J-J

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: model railroad track planning

Post by Husky » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:47 pm

smf wrote:Hi Husky,

thanks again :) for your feedback. I'm sorry for not-understanding the translation issue. :( Your screenshots show the German translations - what is missing? Only the "OK" and "Abbrechen" buttons are Qt-default buttons, so they are not in the ts-files, everything else should be translated and translatable.
Never mind - my fault! It was to late in the night .... :oops:
Sorry for that!
smf wrote:On your screenshot the checkbox indeed seems to be zero instead of one pixel away from the border like the "Dreh"-button. Using XUbuntu, both are zero pixel away from the border like the buttons in original QCad widgets which look fine. 8) Perhaps moving the combobox to the right (after "Dreh") would make sense. Formerly I had a text at the checkbox, but then the minimum widget width was too large. Hmm. I have to play with it. Luckily 8) I have no Windows machine to test with. :wink:
Yes - moving the combobox to the right makes sense to me - and - hihi - I have a Windows OS ........ :wink:
smf wrote:I added some license text to the version info for V91 which is untranslatable at the moment. Do you think it should be translated, too?
No! I think you should keep it untranslatable for a user. Maybe later you have to think about it again .... :wink:

Yesterday somebody had ask me for help with his kids "Wooden train track" drawing ...

... why was immediately your QCTrack script in my mind?

https://www.google.com/search?q=wood+tr ... CAcQ_AUoAg
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Clive

Post by Clive » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:09 am

Hi smf/Husky

I've updated this forums description to include 'Work in Progress' and added a new sub forum for finished scripts/add-ons. Let me know if all is okay.

Stefan you will need to contact a moderator to submit a completely finished add-on to the new sub forum! so it would be wise to review and assess before submission, so keep on using the current forum for now until you are ready :) .

In addition announcements can be made in the 'General' Announcements forum linking to your final submission.
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

Husky

Post by Husky » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm

@Clive
Thanks! :D

smf wrote:... Therefore I never tested my translations. If you could post them here, the QCTrack user can decide which ts-files they prefer.
Ok, here is my customized German translation. Maybe it's useful for somebody :wink:
QCTrack.zip
... only the German translation files!
(21.77 KiB) Downloaded 2148 times
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

smf
Premier Member

Post by smf » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:55 am

@Clive,
thank you - this seems the best way. I will look at some minor details and update some tutorials (perhaps something like "how to create a simple plan from scratch"). I have some more scripts that are independent of QCTrack, ready to use and perhaps useful for others. I will beautify them and post them seperately. May I send them via PN to you ?

@Husky,
thanks for sharing. :)

Clive

Post by Clive » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:11 am

smf wrote:@Clive,
thank you - this seems the best way. I will look at some minor details and update some tutorials (perhaps something like "how to create a simple plan from scratch"). I have some more scripts that are independent of QCTrack, ready to use and perhaps useful for others. I will beautify them and post them seperately. May I send them via PN to you ?
Hi Stefan

Sounds interesting, sure take your time when you are ready by all means send to me or any moderator (maybe Husky, considering he has tested most of your QCTracker :wink: ) If the additional scripts are still a 'work in progress' then submit them here!
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

smf
Premier Member

Post by smf » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:30 pm

Hi there,

I'm still alive... I am very busy at present and still unhappy with some details that I want to fix before I release a "final" version... :( I hope to have something better in a not too long time. Sorry. :cry:

Husky

Post by Husky » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:46 pm

smf wrote:Hi there,

I'm still alive... I am very busy at present and still unhappy with some details that I want to fix before I release a "final" version... :( I hope to have something better in a not too long time. Sorry. :cry:
Gut Ding will Weile haben! :wink:
Don't worry about that! I'm sure you will find the solutions which makes you and the future User happy! Take your time! 8)

smf
Premier Member

Post by smf » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:32 pm

Finally... :D

Attached is version 92 of QCTrack. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a separator in the QCTrack menu before "Show part list" in a non-hacking way. :? So I skipped it and hope that sometimes I understand how to do it the right way. :)

I will send Clive this version and updated tutorials via PN to add it as "final QCTrack". :D
Attachments
QCTrack_V92_Infos.zip
QCTrack version 92
(69.6 KiB) Downloaded 2032 times

Husky

Post by Husky » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:30 pm

Hi smf,
thank you for the update!
smf wrote:I will send Clive this version and updated tutorials via PN to add it as "final QCTrack". :D
Clive has already unlocked the new "Finished 'Ready to go' Scripts/Plug-in's" Forum for you. Please post your script and tutorials directly into the "Ready to go" Forum and we will take it from there.
Thank you!

smf
Premier Member

Post by smf » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:02 pm

Thanks for the hint - I was already wondering how to send my tutorials... :wink:

@Clive: thank you for unlocking me, I will post everything in the next days presumably. I startet with the main things at viewtopic.php?f=109&t=3348

smf
Premier Member

Post by smf » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:13 pm

Hi all,

the thread at viewtopic.php?f=109&t=3348 now contains revised tutorials and some more examples and how-to-gifs. So I treat it "ready to go". :wink:

Thank you Clive for the support, thank you Husky for the numerous suggestions! :) And of course: thank you Andrew for all the technical help!

smf
Premier Member

Post by smf » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:19 pm

The last time I played a bit with QCTrack (and of course found several todo's). Attached is another example. :) Thank you, QCad! :)

The complete track plan:
example2_tracks.png
track plan
example2_tracks.png (343.02 KiB) Viewed 248798 times
Only visible track parts and landscape hints:
example2_visible.png
visible parts
example2_visible.png (361.69 KiB) Viewed 248798 times

smf
Premier Member

Post by smf » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:59 am

Attached is the current version 94 which selects the best result in VariegateResult after re-filtering and fixes a bug in the user interface of ReorderObjects.

@Clive/Husky: could you please update the "ready-to-go" thread? Thank you. :)
Attachments
QCTrack_V94_ReorderFix.zip
QCTrack version 94
(69.66 KiB) Downloaded 2030 times

smf
Premier Member

Post by smf » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:26 pm

Hi out there QCTrack users,

today I updated from QCad 3.7.5 to QCad 3.9.1, now QCTrack Q-D (duplicate move) does not work any more. The debugger is kind of strange ("anonymous script" calls "documentInterface.setCurrentAction(new DupMove(guiAction));"), so I'll have to search why this script isn't working anymore but others do.

Sorry for that. I will post here after having a fix.

smf
Premier Member

Post by smf » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:40 pm

Attached is the current version 95 which fixes a missing translation in Variegate. Unfortunetely it does not yet fix the new-QCad-problem.
Attachments
QCTrack_V95_Translation.zip
QCTrack version 95
(69.73 KiB) Downloaded 2077 times

Return to “QCAD 'Script Add-On & Plug-in challenge' - Work in Progress”