moving text

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in the QCAD Community Edition.

Moderator: andrew

Z.K.
Newbie Member

moving text

Post by Z.K. » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:04 pm

I have a text layer and I can add text okay, but I can't seem to move it. Even when I do a move->select all, the text is not selected. Anyone know how to move text in a qcad drawing? The move command does not seem to work.

Also, how can I move a section of a drawing to a new drawing?

:?:

Clive

moving text

Post by Clive » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:41 pm

Hi Z.K.

What operating system are you running QCAD on?

What version are you running 2 or 3 beta?

I`m running on Win 7 64 bit and no problems with move command with text or any entity in version 2 or 3 beta.

regards

Clive

Z.K.
Newbie Member

Re: moving text

Post by Z.K. » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:48 pm

clive wrote:Hi Z.K.

I`m running on Win 7 64 bit and no problems with move command with text or any entity in version 2 or 3 beta.

regards

Clive
Ah, sorry about that. I am using Windows 7 64-bit, and QCAD Community edition 2.0.5.0. I can select everything in the drawing except the text and the rest of the drawing I can move with out any problem. The only thing I can do with the text is look at the properties. I am unable to even delete any of the text though I can change the text through the properties dialog. It kind of looks like the layer is locked somehow. The Text layer has a black padlock while the other layers are gray, but I don't know how to unlock the layer.

Z.K.
Newbie Member

Re: moving text

Post by Z.K. » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:22 am

Z.K. wrote:
clive wrote:Hi Z.K.

regards

Clive
Ah, sorry about that. I am using Windows 7 64-bit, and QCAD Community edition 2.0.5.0. I can select everything in the drawing except the text and the rest of the drawing I can move with out any problem. The only thing I can do with the text is look at the properties. I am unable to even delete any of the text though I can change the text through the properties dialog. It kind of looks like the layer is locked somehow. The Text layer has a black padlock while the other layers are gray, but I don't know how to unlock the layer.

Well, I figured out the lock problem. After searching the Internet I discovered all I had to do was click the lock symbol. Now I can move the text around.

Clive

moving text

Post by Clive » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:30 am

glad to hear you`ve worked it out - it`s always the little things we overlook isn`t it!

Clive

Return to “QCAD Community 'How Do I' Questions”